on 27 September 2015
Blurb

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two strangers cross paths. Two teens with the same name, running in two very different circles, suddenly find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, culminating in heroic turns-of-heart and the most epic musical ever to grace the high-school stage.

My Review

I've been saving this book for a long time as it's the last John Green book I haven't read. Instead of being sad when it was over, I was thrilled because I'd found a new author I was excited about - David Levithan.

I didn't think it was possible, but I loved Levithan's chapters more than Green's. I know. I was shocked too.

The chatty insightful narrative hooked me at once and I was in. I recognised Green's style straight away and was pulled into the familiar ebb and flow of his writing. I thought it was odd how easy it was for me to pick out which of the Will Grayson's was Green's, but that just meant that both styles were so different which is what this book needed.

There's not really much I can say about this book other than I loved it. It was funny and deep and beautiful, but all Green's books are. I've come to expect that.

All I can say is that I felt like I wasn't reading this book. I just jumped right in and lived there.

Evaluation

Overall 9/10

Would I recommend it? Yes

Would I look up the author? Yes. I've read all of John Green's books now but I'm definitely going to be looking up David Levithan.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson was funny, insightful and beautiful, but what else did I expect from two masters of YA?

First blogged here: http://bit.ly/FangsClawsandWings
on 24 August 2017
I really enjoyed this book! Having tried to read some of John Greens books in the past and not got on very well, I was dubious if this was going to be the same. I had nothing to worry about! I loved the story of this book and I liked how it was split into the two characters as it was them telling their own story but they were also interlinked! A really good read, would highly recommend!
on 16 January 2015
Overall the book is okay; a little improvised but okay. At times I did feel like the book was a little predictable which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it would have been nice to have a surprise.
I also felt as though there was no specific plot for the novel (as I said improvised) and things were just happening for the sake of happening. Even the main basis of the story felt a little unnecessary; like the only thing to go off was 'we want to write a book about gay love'. The thing that most disappointed me was the ending, it didn't feel believable which led me to totally skim over the fact it was the ending; nothing was resolved only perceived to be solved.
on 9 September 2017
Well written but very boring, read the book when John Green was still a popular author, I find his work very derivative (little pieces here and there form the works of other authors) and very pandering to it's teenage audience.
on 26 July 2017
One of my favourite John Green books, very well written and suitable for a wide audience
on 27 December 2012
A clever book - and an enjoyable read. My son recommended it to me having described how it was written by two people writing alternate chapters.

The angst of the various characters came across well - and for the most part it was all pretty plausible.

Well written dialogue.

I shall read more John Green books.
on 10 August 2017
I found this book boring - like i can usually stick with books but i found this very dull.
on 22 June 2017
Fantastic item, would recommend
on 4 December 2015
This was a gift for a family member. The item went down extremely well and the recipient loved it. Item arrived on time and with no issue.
on 19 February 2016
Good book, arrived on time