on 24 September 2013
Everything you need to help you understand the grammar when planning a lesson. Good value for money. Excellent book to buy.
on 15 October 2010
This is a very useful, detailed book for those teachers who wish to study and teach at higher levels. I would suggest that this is an essential text for postgraduate students of Applied Linguistics and/or the Cambridge Delta.
on 1 August 2016
This is THE book to get for grammar. In fact it is required reading for some UK courses in teaching English to adult learners (e.g. CELTA and TESOL). Ideally divided in to logical sections it is easy to find information quickly. I took this with me when I went off teaching in China and left it there with a friend. Upon returning to UK, I bought another copy for myself !
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 July 2014
Technically it's hard to fault - it has good information and is detailed. However, in terms of practical use, I seldom use it because it is too dry and sometimes too detailed. The main alternative is Swan - and of the two, I much prefer the Swan book. Both are reference books and both cover pretty much the same ground. I prefer the layout of Swan (it's laid out alphabetically which can be problematic but not for long). Parrott might be more academic and detailed but for me, it's just not as practical.
on 8 July 2013
This book has brought back memories of being taught English when I was young - grammar, grammar, and yet more grammar with all the different tenses in an easy to use format (I was at school in the 60s so that is going some for me to remember!)
on 15 January 2015
love it very good book. it has all you need to know. I am using it for my daughter who is going to take level 6 exams and she really loves it. I like it too and learnt a lot of thing I didn't know. over all it deserves the five stars.
on 20 May 2013
I find this difficult to follow and have to read certain passages twice. I like the exercises for each section but I think for someone who struggles with grammar, it's difficult to follow.
on 20 March 2013
What a fantastic book - very easy to follow, detailed enough and covers pretty much everything. Currently doing a DELTA course and this book has helped me very much so far...
on 4 February 2016
Comprehensive grammar book that covers most of the trouble grammar points students have. Also comes with useful consolidation exercises to help strengthen any weak students
on 29 September 2016
This book is probably best for experienced English language language teachers who already have a good grasp of English grammar and just want to get some clear examples.