on 4 March 2016
I felt it was like having a personal tutor sat next to me as everything is explained so well. Very clear and understandable with each and every concept discussed at length. I only wish I'd had this book all those years ago when I first tackled Maxwell's equations.

A great accompaniment to an undergraduate physics or electronic engineering course.
on 16 January 2012
After googling and reading wikipedia articles about Maxwell's equations I finally ended up buying this book. And I think it nicely explained, not only maxwell equations, but also vector mathematic operations related to these equations. It was big help to understand these equations better.
on 15 November 2011
Very Good Textbook. Concise and to the point. Perfect for a first introduction to Maxwell's equations. More expert readers would still find the book useful for topping up basic knowledge when needed. Even better that there are podcasts on each chapter, read by the author himself.
on 13 October 2014
Just brilliant. I wish I had this when I was at university. It puts it so clearly, even a dumbo like me can grasp it. Fleisch writes with clarity and brevity. Not too much waffle, yet everything is EXPLAINED. May he long continue to write mathematical texts.
on 27 March 2015
A good book for really understanding the Maxwell equations on a general level. Suitable for a first timer or a person, who wishes to recap the equations. The book provides enough support for mathematics and moderate problems for testing the learning.
on 12 November 2014
A clear,very clear use of language - i actually felt my head expanding with the excitement that by the end of this over priced book
i would be able to explain what this subject of electromagnetics is about - to myself at least.
on 3 August 2012
A good chapter on electric fields. The chapter on magnetic fields was poor in my view. Basic field equations were not derived and I am surprised when any text book uses symbols which they do not actually define.
A useful book apart from this criticism.

The author contacted me subsequently and asked me to give an example of an omision; he had tried to ensure that everything in the book was defined. I gave an example and was then offered a book from the Cambridge catalogue for spotting the omision. He said he will amend the text for the next edition.

The books were very expensive; no sign of one yet.
on 4 October 2011
This book is perfect for those who doesn't understand the basis of electromagnetism. It explains cleary the meaning of every single thing in the expressions. It has also some solved examples.
on 2 December 2015
Lucid, and clearly set out this book makes getting to grips with Maxwells Equations relatively straightforward. Can recommend the book to others trying to make sense of this difficult topic
on 14 February 2013
A good supplemental book for physics students as it provides a different explination to most university text books. Use the supporting website and download the audio for free.