on 18 July 2009
This dictionary is perfect for intermediate/advanced students.

Why?
It's simple: when you study English one of the most difficult things to learn is the pronunciation. If you are studying English and need a dictionary to give you the meaning of a word and its pronunciation, that's the best option.

I also use the online version but it's very handy to have this one too as you won't be always connected and the perfect time to look up for a new word is just after you hear or read it.

If you don't understand the phonetic symbols there is another book from the Cambridge collection: English Pronunciation in Use - Intermediate (Mark Hancock). Make sure you buy it with the CD.

Both books will help you a lot with your pronunciation.
on 27 August 2009
Awonderful book, although somewhat large in size. Great for the library or classroom shelf. Font sizes clear and easy to read, search facility on CD works great. I have to say this book is wonderful for the efl or English teacher, as well as learners. Everything you want to know in one place. A great reference book for learners in the classroom CD can be installed on a laptop or deskop computer and used when required. examples of commonly used English expressions with explanations about their meaning. Grammar points and plenty of examples of how different words are used.
Margaret
on 27 October 2012
For someone who wants to learn English, I recommend this Dictionary. I've installed the CD-ROM in my Laptop without problems. My Laptop works with Windows 7. And the Cambridge Dictionary give me a lot of support, in the meaning of Words and Pronunciation too. I come from Peru, and my mother language is Spanish, this is the reason because for me is VERY IMPORTANT THE PRONUNCIATION. In English you write in one way, but the pronunciation is very different. This makes a very big difference against another languages, like Spanish or German. You can practice and correct the pronunciation with the help of the program. CONGRATULATIONS, IT IS A VERY GOOD TOOL, to learn to speak a very good English.
on 6 May 2011
When I bought this dictionary I knew what I was buying. When I did my CELTA it helped me a lot. I'm very pleased with it, the CD with the pronunciation is the best. I have already recommended this dic. to my friend.
on 11 July 2013
I feel ashamed to admit the Dictionary of English. the CD working with windows 8. Very helpful book and I thinking that everybody have to have at home.
on 30 September 2013
excellent value
item is as described.
iteam arrived earlier than expected.
would purchase from seller again.
much cheaper than in stores.
on 22 December 2014
it was delivered very early and a very useful dictionary as gives good explainations
on 26 August 2010
This is a great product, works well on Windows-XP and Windows-7 and is excellent value for money. It is very convenient to use for checking words and searching for words with its built in Thesaurus. It is also fun to use, very interesting to browse.
on 4 February 2014
Clear english language. Excellent but i think it's a little bit under performing compared to other dictionary like collins dictionary.
on 4 June 2015