Customer reviews

on 24 February 2011
I really enjoyed reading this book! It's very well written and interesting to read. The author evidently has the talent for teaching and explaining things.

The subject made quite easy to understand through a number of examples and illustrations and detailed explanations. Many concepts I was confused about, after reading some popular literature on the subject, have become much clear to me.

The book is organized in short chapters giving an overview of essential topics in cosmology. It does not go too deep into the subject, keeping it at introductory level, which is great for people, who like me are new to cosmology and astronomy. I found it very useful that at the end of each chapter there is a list of suggestions for further reading, for those who want to read more on a certain topic, and I am already planning to order a few of the suggested books.

The only criticism would be small number of mathematical formulae in support of the material explained. Since I've come from a mathematical academic background I sometimes find it more useful to have a formula rather than a paragraph of text to illustrate the concept. However it is difficult to find a book that is a bit more thorough and specific than the popular literature and at the same time not very technical, so this textbook is a good example of trying to achieve that.
on 15 March 2016
The book is in good condition I have read this before and found valuability in this particular book, however I bought it again for a second reading after parting with it which I will enjoy this second reading.
on 20 June 2012
So far so good as I plough my way through; material is presented in an understandable way for the beginner but time will tell if I can remember "some" of it. !
I would recommend it.
on 7 October 2014
Look back time proved that delivery was efficient. Nicely packaged and will/have read it by the time i have finished - Nicely laid out and with a little readjustment of brain matter easy to read and i now understand. Thanks to Author for his words and to Seller for a job well done!