Customer reviews

on 25 March 2016
Excellent buy, comprehensive keys in a handy field work sized binding. Recommended
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 June 2009
I require a reference book of all the scientific names of the plants that occur in the British Isles, and Stace's book (and it's sister book, the New flora of the BIs, are recognised as the definitive books on the classification of the British flora. The book has got everything I wanted, and is easy to find your way around.
on 7 July 2000
One of the problems with field floras is the number of species they leave out. When I read that this book, which fits fairly easily into a pocket, contains all the species listed in his New Flora of the British Isles, I was very sceptical. How Stace has managed to do it I still don't quite know, but he has. It contains all the keys and many of the illustrations found in the larger work but omits the descriptions. In many ways I find it easier to use than the larger work, it is certainly easier to carry around. As with the full Flora, a fair bit of experience is needed before the flora is of much use and it definately helps if one has a rough idea of the identity of the plant. As with the full flora no flowering times are indicated which I find annoying but in this case I can understand why. Definately a book for the serious professional or amateur field botanist and which I am rarely without.
0Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 September 2015
Just as described, the book is just as I needed. The seller was very helpful in sorting out some early glitches.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse