on 21 July 2010
This is just what every language teacher needs. We are told again and again...play games..be communicative ...but then nobody can really recommend a good game ...or enough games. Here's the answer. It has really worked for me.
on 27 July 2006
I trawled through so many language learning games books whilst training on the CELTA course and didn't come across this book until almost the end and it is by far the best book I have found. If you are going to invest in just one book to generate lesson ideas then I definately recommend this one. There are so many adaptable tasks and activities which are not the recycled run-of-the-mill mundane ones you usually find.
on 9 July 2009
I haven't as yet used any of the games in this book, but having looked through it, there are plenty of really good ones with a lot of variety. The games are geared towards beginner to intermediate level students, but can be adapted for use with more advanced students. I'll be teaching at Summer School in China very soon and I hope to be able to start using some of these games then. I'm confident I'll find this book to be very useful.
on 15 March 2011
Excellent resource to open our immagination and teach with a great book which helps us to keep on being creative and make our lessons more enjoyable.
on 28 February 2012
The book has some handy tips for making learning lessons more fun, especially for the warm up activity part of the lesson
on 16 July 2012
Despite the very good reviews, I have actually returned this book because there were no language games as such described in this book, just the usual lesson activities, I thought and no photocopiable section either.
on 27 January 2013
Full of interesting ideas for games. Easy to follow. Very useful if prep time for lesson limited. Would recommend as back up teaching tool.
on 6 June 2015
Very pleased with this. A wide variety of games and activities. Yes, many are well known, but this is a great support for those of us who lack imagination and struggle to think of an activity on the spur of the moment. Most activities are for groups, but many are applicable to 1:1 or 2:1 teaching.
Delivery was within 2-3 days & in excellent condition, so can't fault it.
on 21 February 2016
Extremely useful for language teachers. Obviously not every activity is suitable for every class, but you can get several good ideas out of this book. Very helpful for language teachers.
on 16 March 2014
Some really great ideas to make teaching/learning fun. Am going to enjoy trying some of them out on my learners.