Customer reviews

on 4 July 2012
For some stupid reason, you have to be a registered lecturer before you can download the solutions to the exercises from the Cambridge University Press web site. So for someone undergoing independent study, it's useless. The book is well written and clear but you can't tell if you are progressing because the questions have no answers given.

CUP really need to stop doing this and allow anyone access to the solutions.
on 30 August 2014
This was a recommended textbook for my course in university and I can honestly say that I have not been so disappointed with the content of a book (though in fairness, I haven't actually read Twilight or 50 Shades yet so...)
I wouldn't say that it's impenetrable so much as it's just so tediously monotone. Seriously, I know the title isn't advertising this book as a romp through mathematical fairyland, don't get me wrong, but there is something so mind-numbingly flat about the way this book is written and ODEs are presented.

And as an inspired addition, there are practice questions and some good problems in here...but...no answers. Nothing at the back of the book, nothing printed upside down at the bottom of the page. As a textbook that you could also be using as a possible revision aid, this is a massive flaw.

Go out and buy Stroud. Buy all the Stroud and work through past papers instead. You'll do much better for it.
on 16 November 2013
cheaper than the market price
recommended book for studying differential equations
exercise in the book to help you revise it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 January 2008
It's a very good book,with many examples and plenty of exercises,I bought it because its recommended by my uni.But the downside is the exercises don't have solutions! I haven't done any of them because you never know what you do is right or wrong,which is very irritating!
33 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse