Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 11 March 2007
If you are thinking about buying a book about electronics don't wait any longer. It is the most popular and complete book you can have. You will find everything you may ever want to know about electronics, designing electronics circuits, calculations, etc. It is not a book for beginners, though. There are plenty of mathematics, charts, definitions. It is great as a compendium for engineers and something you should buy if you no longer want to be a beginner.
on 13 February 2016
Excellent, both for the beginner and the more advanced.
A personal approach, talks to you gently and patiently, and gives you lots of "trade secrets" , really about "the art of elektronics".
on 12 September 2015
A must have book for any electronic engineer. A good investment for anyone serious about the subject. Components and the part they play in circuit are explained together with their calculations which are an important part of getting you circuits to work properly.
on 28 December 1999
Although slightly out of date now, I would still rate this as my 'desert-island' choice of electronics reference books. OK, so it hasn't got all the theoretical backing - but if it did it would be far too unwieldy. As it is, it stands as THE quick reference that I and most of my fellow professionals use to identify a basic technique. The detailed theory can then come separately (from another source) if needed.
on 24 April 2015
The detail that this book goes into is absolutely breathtaking, open it at any page and you will quickly see what I mean.

My only quibble is that I didn't have this 4 years ago when I started my Undergrad. I have a feeling that I would have developed a more thorough knowledge of electronics than mere teaching can provide.
on 27 August 2015
This book replaced my 2nd edition copy which had been well used, it is packed full of up dated information and I expect it will serve me well for quite a number of years. As an electronics hobbyist this is really the only book you need.
on 28 October 2009
Though I am still following it, it is a remarkable book for self-study, calling for intuition and practice perception, which helps to understand better the theory behind, instead of exagerated usage of math!!!
By the way, do not look at the age, as it is still a very up-to-date piece of great information within the Electronics field.
Great choice!
on 3 July 2015
Twenty years in the making, a work of love and it shows. Although In these days of ASICs, FPGAs, etc., there is perhaps more analogue theory than the digital that I had expected, it is still very much a treasure trove of electronic information.
on 7 May 2015
A wide reference of eletronics. As it was proposed, a direct reference for especific subject and a wide text of all concepts. The third edition gave us an updated reference book of eletronics. For me a day by day reference book.
on 6 December 2014
This book has been very helpful in biomedical engineering assignments at uni . I think it has all essential physics topics in it. The topics I have used it for weren't covered in depth but it was helpful in understanding it. Nonetheless I think it is a great book