on 10 October 2014
=====
It's a very well presented book and one of the most readable books on English Grammar. Loads of examples and broken down into 144 units. From present continuous to phrasal verbs.

SECOND
======
We don't tend to get taught grammar in school, and I've found that learners of English will often know more of the 'rules'. It's for intermediate learners of English. So, if you're a native English speaker you may know the 'rule' but just not know how to explain it. This will be your aid. For example you would say some bananas (plural) and yet some rice (plural). Not some rices. [this is in the section on countable and uncountable nouns]

THREE
=====

RECOMMENDED
===========
11 Comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 October 2012
I'm studying english on my own, and I find this book, and the exercises one, to be very useful; the explanations are clear, and so far I think I have understood everything related to past, participles and continuous tenses.
The CD-ROM contains the same things as the book, more or less, and a few more exercises. The price difference between this book and the one without CD was so little that I bought this one, but the Cd is not essencial.
on 1 August 2016
Such a brilliant book. It really summarizes everything. Each topic is two pages long, so you get equal coverage of every area. You also get a link fora website where you can do the exercises online; this is actually brilliant because you don't damage the actual book. Sorry, I just love books clean so this was a big plus too. Of course, I bought this for my husband and he loves it- although he should use it a bit more haha.
on 28 April 2016
After several years without studying english I was looking for a book which could help me to focus on the improvement of my english skills again. After consulting different teachers and professionals and after an intense search in internet I found that everybody recommended this book.After using it, I understand why it is recommended, it is a very useful book, specially when you are studying by your own, the explanations are very good and the exercises are very helpful for a good understanding.
on 3 March 2013
We already had an older version of this book and I wanted an up-to-date version for lessons I'm giving a French friend. This covers Intermediate level at an excellent pace, provides suitable examples for an older student and lots of exercises. The Answers is important (because I'm too lazy to work them out for myself and I can give him self-test exercises) and the CD is vital. (If you hunt through the CD you can find *half* of each section in pdf format, which is great for printing sheets for the student to take away.)
on 30 August 2016
Everybody who's studying English as a foreign language must have this book in the bookcase at home.
Easy to learn as an unit is only 2 pages (theory + exercises) and you don't need to fowl them. (study as you wish)
The best part is that once you have done it, you always go back to it in case of doubt.
Highly recommend it.
on 26 January 2016
If you need to teach grammar (for CELTA) or simply want to understand the rules of English Grammar this is the ideal starting point. Plus, it also comes with a CD.

I nearly forgot to mention, Had a small issue but the customer service was amazing.!
on 2 February 2015
Hi,
The book is fantastic, really good for learning grammer. However, the CD that came with the book doesnt work at all !! I tried to install the software but it says license expired. Thats really disapponting as the CD was one of the main reason I bought this book !!!!!
Not happy !!!!
on 26 January 2018
One of the best books for learning English grammar for ESL students.
Very good exercises with real-life examples. Well organized and helps you to improve your grammar skills. Comes with an app for tablets and PCs.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 February 2018
Very good book. Grammar rules easy to understand and very good and variour exercises. There are a lot of written sections and not many visual examples.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse