on 3 August 2017
Excellent quality and fast delivery.
on 13 March 2017
It prepared me to my exams really well.
on 5 August 2017
Good book, Value for money.
on 27 March 2012
Before I took the test I decide to buy the book once I couldn't book myself IELTS classes. It was about a week before the date of my test and the book arrived in the following morning of the order.
The book contain 4 tests and answers for all the questions... All covered up. Listening, Reading, Writting and Speaking!
During the exam I knew what was about to happen and it calm me down a lot.
The book is not a garantee that you gonna get the score that you need, but it does give you clearence and guide you beautifully for the test.
Would recommend to anyone.
on 16 May 2011
I was annoyed that this book wasn't available in Australia for some strange reason, so I had to source it from the Amazon.co.uk. It was worth paying the extra postage.

This book is a great way of measuring how prepared you are for an IELTS test. I would have preferred it in the kindle format, but the publisher doesn't allow this.
on 18 June 2011
I have used earlier versions of the Cambridge IELTS Student's Books when preparing students for IELTS exams, and think that it is important for them to see official examination papers as part of this. Book 8 is the latest edition and it is an essential aid for IELTS teachers.
on 12 December 2011
This book is just similar to the other 7 books. The problem is simple; it provides "only" 4 tests, with some model answers. There is nothing to help the student. This book makes a lot of money by cheating students and providing very little. I would recommend a book like Test Builder 2 instead because it can provide the model tests, but provide methods on how to work on it.

Sorry Cambridge, but you have to adapt to the times... but actually, you don't... because people will always buy this book.
on 25 April 2012
Complete tests with answer keys and recording scripts ideal for my self-study. I already practised from the IELTS 6 and 7 and all were very useful for revisions and self-testing. It is covered by the Cambridge Learner Corpus which is a unique collection of over 95,000 exam papers from Cambridge ESOL.
on 23 October 2016
Hello Every one today I am going to leave review regarding the following book;

Cambridge IELTS 8 Self-study Pack (Student's Book with Answers and Audio CDs (2)): Official Examination Papers from University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (IELTS Practice Tests) Paperback – 31 Mar 2011

The reason for buying this book is are its key features which are as follows:
Cambridge IELTS 8 contains four authentic IELTS papers from Cambridge ESOL, providing excellent exam practice. This Self-study Pack provides students with everything they need in order to familiarise themselves with IELTS and to practise examination techniques using authentic test material prepared by Cambridge ESOL. The Student's Book with answers contains four complete tests for Academic candidates, plus extra Reading and Writing modules for General Training candidates. A comprehensive section of answers and tapescripts makes the material ideal for students working partly or entirely on their own.

I have given IELTS for four time and every time I prepared from this book. All the times I used to buy its new version. So I will recommend to buy its latest version for good preparation.
on 23 October 2011
Very good and useful when preparing for the exam. You may want to though get the one that has a CD with it as this one didn't have.