on 12 December 2011
This book is just similar to the other 7 books. The problem is simple; it provides "only" 4 tests, with some model answers. There is nothing to help the student. This book makes a lot of money by cheating students and providing very little. I would recommend a book like Test Builder 2 instead because it can provide the model tests, but provide methods on how to work on it.

Sorry Cambridge, but you have to adapt to the times... but actually, you don't... because people will always buy this book.
on 18 June 2011
I have used earlier versions of the Cambridge IELTS Student's Books when preparing students for IELTS exams, and think that it is important for them to see official examination papers as part of this. Book 8 is the latest edition and it is an essential aid for IELTS teachers.
on 27 March 2012
Before I took the test I decide to buy the book once I couldn't book myself IELTS classes. It was about a week before the date of my test and the book arrived in the following morning of the order.
The book contain 4 tests and answers for all the questions... All covered up. Listening, Reading, Writting and Speaking!
During the exam I knew what was about to happen and it calm me down a lot.
The book is not a garantee that you gonna get the score that you need, but it does give you clearence and guide you beautifully for the test.
Would recommend to anyone.
on 16 May 2011
I was annoyed that this book wasn't available in Australia for some strange reason, so I had to source it from the Amazon.co.uk. It was worth paying the extra postage.

This book is a great way of measuring how prepared you are for an IELTS test. I would have preferred it in the kindle format, but the publisher doesn't allow this.
on 17 March 2012
I originally bought Book 6 without the CDs , then bought Book 7 with the CDs and this one Book with the CDs. As an IELTS tutor, I have found the materials especially useful for teaching at the higher bands. Students feel that they are being given especially good training for the Reading and Listening tasks which are particularly challenging for IELTS learners.

Well worth every penny.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 October 2011
on 17 May 2012
I studied with this book for my second time to retake the IELTS, I bought it because I needed to get better score in reading, and atually I did scored 6.0 in reading a big improvement from 4.5 from my first time. I scored 6.5 overall and I am a happy boy, I am going to university to do my masters. This boook helped me to increase my overall and specially my reading.
Sadly is a waste the listening part because does not come with CD for listening.
Many Thanks
Carlos
on 25 April 2012
Complete tests with answer keys and recording scripts ideal for my self-study. I already practised from the IELTS 6 and 7 and all were very useful for revisions and self-testing. It is covered by the Cambridge Learner Corpus which is a unique collection of over 95,000 exam papers from Cambridge ESOL.
on 23 October 2011
Very good and useful when preparing for the exam. You may want to though get the one that has a CD with it as this one didn't have.
on 28 September 2012
CUP practice tests are reliable as coming for the same source as the live tests, so you won't get closer to the exam than these. There have been a few minor changes to the exam over the years, so it makes sense to get the latest version you can - as of 2012, Volume 8 is bang up to date.