Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 May 2013
Found this book very informative, and in general not make sweeping statements were not able to be supported by scientific facts supported in the published papers. I have not followed up all those papers to look at the detail that would guess that somebody would have done.

Another good thing about this book is that rather than just recommending a new regime of eating and approach to life it actually helps you through the transition and make suggestions on how one might be able to do it.

Most interesting read, very helpful taking this step, generally very good. I definitely recommend to others.

The only criticism if any and it may be my lack of knowledge. Scientific evidence in the form of published papers all seem to be at least approximately 20 years old. I have a small concern and wonder if there is any new evidence that continues to support the claims made.
on 31 July 1999
This book helped tremendously clear up any researvations I had about adopting a vegan lifestyle. This doctor's explaination of dietary needs will help anyone see the light! This book's diet is so natural and so right! It's a wonder that somthing so simple can be the best recipe for total wellness. All the traditional 'meat-eaters' out there have got to read this book and give up their stubborness. If they do, they will undoubtedly have second thoughts about their unhealthy affection of flesh!
on 27 August 1996
I picked up Food for Life because I wanted to learn a little
bit more about nutrition. By the time I finished it I was
well on my way to improving the quality of my life with a
better diet. This book is filled with interesting
about how changing what you eat can improve your health and
preserve your youth!
on 6 April 1999
After reading other health books and walking away without complete explainations I deceied to try one more. Boy, am I glad I did. This book explains and takes you step by step through so many different aspects of diet and health. While I thought some of the ideas were a bit too much there is no denying that just a little of this book can make a dramatic difference. Anyone looking for some good healthy reciepes this is a great place to start and learn some basics!
on 15 September 1997
This is an excellent book that deals with many health issues. It's all medically backed and explained well by a doctor. I recommend to anyone who wants to live a long, healthy life.
on 18 May 1998
This is one of the best health books ever. It will change the way you look at eating for life.
on 20 February 2015
The best ever book re healthy food eating habits was recommended to me by a doctor. Brillant. Must read.