on 3 November 2015
Another ok book from my list. Found some good references for my ethology and behaviour assignment.
on 22 February 2017
pleased
on 2 July 2013
The book is readable, which is a good start. As an exercise in scientific reasoning using the evidence before you it is peerless. With the knowledge that we have now the writing does appear to be naive, but parts of it are so insightful that it make you realise what a genius Darwin was.
on 7 May 2015
Absolutely rubbish print quality. I have returned it. So much ink missing from the print that I couldn't read it properly. It needs to be re-printed.
on 8 December 2016
Product received, no issues
on 14 January 2013
5 star is all I could really give this book. It really opens your mind to the true connections of every living creature that's ever lived on our planet. I always had a fair average knowledge on evolution but this book showed me how geographical distribution and other such things also play a massive part in the variations of organic life. I recommend this book to people that want to learn the truth of the living world and what to get away from the false claims of the theory of a creator and how Charles Darwin's ideas that are backed up with great theories and evidence, put things in a manner that makes most sense.
on 1 November 2016
Beyond my understandiNg
on 21 November 2013
Bought for my husband who is really interested in the origin of the species and he was delighted with this book. It has given him plenty to consider, I have not read it yet as I am not so in to that type of book.
on 15 November 2014
Wonderful clear, spare prose, and a beautifully modest and tentative attitude to the ideas he was putting forward. I wish modern scientists could write so beautifully, and emulate Darwin's modesty (Dawkins, take note).
on 8 May 2015
Its good to have this book. I would love to talk to Darwin, he was obviously very disillusioned with religion and the world 😖