Customer reviews

on 23 August 2017
really nice photos
on 5 January 2014
I like to think of myself as reasonably well informed on photography, but I had not come across Larrain until I found this book. While the subject matter is often gritty.Larrain's approach is both poetic and spiritual. The selected pictures, an essay on his work, an short biograpny and immaculate production and reporduction do justice to this under appreciated photographer. Photogtapy at its best; and the photo book of 2013.
on 19 February 2014
This book seems to be written and compiled out of intimate personal connections. Larrain is photographer, who can make you travel to Valparaiso to understand visions of the world. I recommend it highly .But It may serve as a consolation, that often an artist can achieve wonderful and intriguing images and disappear later on into privacy and trivia.
Husum
on 30 March 2014
Many years ago in a photography class I could know Sergio Larrain's photos in the book Valparaiso.
Unfortunately Valparaiso is not in cataloghe and this book could show the exceptional work from him.
on 2 September 2016
For its large format the book accommodates only a few large prints and too many tiny ones with repeated (often boring) information on Larrain's life. The book is more on the photographer's life than work. Or at least this is my feeling when I put it down. I think I bought it for the image on the cover. Why didn't I listen!? A preview of the book on Amazon's site would benefit the buyer. The only large images you're left with are the ones already shown on the product images.
on 1 February 2016
Love this book. Very informative and great quality photos inside
on 23 May 2016
swiftly sent but slightly dented at one corner
on 4 November 2013
the book has met my expectations. It is wonderful and is the best of Sergio Larraín. Really highly recommended! To buy it!
on 17 August 2014
This is my buy for a great gift everytime!
on 18 December 2015