Customer reviews

Format: Album|Change

on 6 April 2016
Hard to do justice in a review to the quality of the printing. I can't remember having seen another book which has clearly had so much effort put in to getting the images and text absolutely perfect, apart from the sister book, "Crucial Interventions" to which these comments apply equally.

Book Depository dispatched it promptly, and their description was entirely fair.
on 22 August 2017
Excellent arrived in time and in great condition. Everything i expected it to be.
on 4 June 2017
Fantastic book, ideal for collectors and great tool of my job!
on 4 February 2017
This book is as beautifully bound as its contents are horrifying. I bought Crucial Interventions as a random present for a friend last year and this year bought The Sick Rose for the same person but she's now my girlfriend. This is the power of literature, ladies and gentlemen.
on 6 July 2014
Easy to read and understand. Fascinating facts on the Victorian take on various diseases such as Leprosy, Cancer and Cholera. The art is taken from scientific drawings and brings together some interesting and sometimes pretty gruesome diseases. I've been reading this from page to page and I've really enjoyed it.
on 6 October 2014
Beautifully horrible illustrations - I got this for my daughter who'd just started work in a pathology lab, but had a look at it myself first. The only thing I didn't like was the use of very thick, very black lines as part of the design (luckily not on all pages) which overwhelmed the delicate and tenderly drawn illustrations.
on 5 July 2014
For the price, excellent. Fascinating for all those interested in the hx of medicine - how lucky we are
on 20 September 2015
I absolutely love this book! The content is unpleasant, yes, BUT the paintings themselves are incredible and give a fascinating view of what our ancestors had to put up with. The book itself looks beautiful on the shelf and once you start flicking through you'll find it hard to stop.
on 5 September 2016
This has to be one of the best books I've read in a long time. A great read to accompany some rather graphic and yet captivatingly beautiful illustrations. This is a must read for any interested in disease and it's progression.
on 27 August 2016
I just love this book, it sits proudly on my coffee table, the illustrations are just wonderful, the detail and skill involved is amazing and beats a photo any day! I couldn't be happier!