Format: Hardcover|Change

on 30 November 2013
If you are a lover of the English Country house style here is another grest book on the subject!
I can never get enough and there still seem to be unknown houses to pick from. Heres a mix of well known and lesser known houses and lots of good pictures. The choice of rooms photographed are a bit on the traditional side but I liked the book very much.
on 23 February 2014
A truly outstanding book which captures the ambience and interiors of houses which have been occupied by the same families for many generations and even centuries. the photography is superb and the descriptions helpful . Of interest to anyone who is interested in English interior decorating in historic houses
on 29 November 2013
Its absolutely impossible NOT too love English decoration ,,,, makes you feel warm inside ,,,I have several books on this subject but this one is one of the best ,,, +++++
on 25 November 2013
Good and nice books to read there is a lot of fantastic manor house that are interesting to read about and fantastic colour photos of the rooms that make this one of my favorite of indoors design of English county houses
on 7 May 2014
I sent for this book as it was advertised in the Daily Telegraph and they mentioned that the Cracroft ancestral home was featured. They were part of my family many generations ago! I was not disappointed. It was so interesting to see photographs and read the report of the family. I also enjoyed reading the stories of the other homes that were featured. A lovely book that graces our coffee table and the whole family has enjoyed it too.
on 26 November 2013
I found teh book to be extremely intereting in terms of content as well as physical layout. I would highly recommend it.
on 5 June 2014
The photographs are excellent and it has features on several houses that ate neither well known or open to the public.

The text is interesting and well written and it makes a very good present.
on 3 December 2013
This arrived in excellent condition and will make a very good Xmas present. I would recommend this to ajnyone who is interested in coutry houses and antiques.
on 2 May 2014
The book is very nice and provides a good overview of some splendid houses The pictures are excellent. Anyone that likes interior decoration of old houses will appreciate this book.
on 18 November 2013
A lovely book, wonderful pictures and very entertaining articles about each house.
Almost as good as going there . I feel I know each house well.