Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 9 March 2014
more than a coffee table book but, sadly, shy of a text book. this book has the most exquisite images of the lesser known members of the animal kingdom. it also has fascinating 'factoids' sprinkled throughout with much speculation as to their lifestyles since many of them have been little studied. had it contained more information about the animals on display, and in a more thematic manner (beyond the basic classification of these creatures), then I might have awarded it a fifth star.
on 8 January 2014
An awesome book, in the true sense of the word! The beautiful photography reveals a world of creatures so extraordinary it is nearly impossible to believe we share the same planet. I got this for my daughter as she is interested in zoology and paleontology, and she is loving it.
on 7 February 2014
The photographs in here are simply gorgeous. It was a gift for my daughter who has a qualification in zoology and she is enjoying the detailed information but for anyone with just a general interest in animal science - or art - this will bring immense pleasure.
on 4 December 2015
Beautiful book! Informative, and provides insight into lesser known organisms that many people may not know about. The photography is fantastic. I can't recommend this enough for any budding zoologist!
on 21 December 2013
An excellent read, well written and occasionally witty, with brilliant images. It's a definite must have for anyone interested in Biology.
on 17 July 2014
The pictures are great, but without a background in zoology it's too hard to understand a lot of what's written. The text often makes use of jargon, without stopping to explain it.

It oscillates between obfuscation and fascination.
on 22 April 2015
My son loved this book.

We met Dr. Ross Piper at my son's Scout troop and Ross signed the book for my son!

Thanks Ross!
on 8 February 2014
I bought this for my 9 year old Grandson. He loves it. It is truly an amazing book with fabulous photos. great to just keep dipping into.
on 11 May 2015
This was a present for my husband who loves this book. Well illustrated, good value for the money paid
on 23 January 2015
brilliant photos and brilliant detail. a must for any budding zoologist or just nature lover.