Customer reviews

on 2 May 2017
As a novice potter, four weeks into a once-a-week course, I was looking for a 'bible' which would introduce me to all the basics. This has exceeded expectation, with detailed 'how to' guides for all the different pottery techniques, great photos and inspirational ideas. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.
on 19 April 2017
A great book which is very informative and has beautiful illustrations
on 15 April 2017
Best ceramic book I have found so far.
on 11 June 2012
This book is fantastic! It is a compendium of in depth knowledge of the subject with hundreds of wonderful pictures that inform and inspire. Covering all aspects of the medium from the very traditional to bang up to date new techniques and innovations, this is a must have book for anybody interested or working in the field of ceramics.
on 13 December 2013
I borrowed this book from library and I loved it so much that I had to buy it. I am a beginner in ceramics and this book is very well written with great tips and great explanations about different types of clay, making techniques and glazing, together with absolutely fantastic tips of how to photograph my work, develop a website and market my business.
I highly recommend this book to any beginner in ceramics!
on 3 May 2016
This book is brilliant. I havent done ceramics for 20 years proffessionaly and now Im an art technician at a school so I got one to revise the ceramics stuff for the kiln room and its perfect - loads of really well written, step by step information , all the information you need about kilns and firing types, lots of creative ideas and tips and its brought al the knowledge back that i thought id have lost! Perfect thankyou! buy this book as a workshop bible :)
on 7 March 2014
This is an excellent ceramics guide. Well illustrated and is full of useful information. I like it as it covers all aspects of ceramics and is useful for beginners and the more advanced. Would recommend.
on 24 November 2013
IF YOU CAN ONLY AFFORD ONE BOOK ON CERAMIC TECHNIQUES THIS IS THE ONLY BOOK YOU WILL NEED WHEN IT COMES TO PRACTICAL TECHNIQUES.
on 8 January 2013
I have been doing pottery for some years and my brother in law has decided to take it up. I wanted a book that takes one through the ceramics processes from start to finish and this book met all the criteria. The illustrations are brilliant and the instuction is spot on. My brother in law thinks it's great and starts lessons soon.
on 28 May 2016
A very comprehensive book on techniques and practical processes, the best book I have bought with regards the general working of clay and glazing etc. A really good manual.