Customer reviews

Living Africa
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 30 December 2011
I purchased this book for my daughter as part of her Christmas present, it was part of her wish list. Having been to Africa on a number of ocassions, seeing about 10 countries there, she knew she would love this book and she was right. She thought it was amazing. It is so big and heavy and the photographs are unbelievable, so beautiful and true to Africa, so she tells me. I have never had the priviledge of visitng any part of Africa. I know I can speak on my daughters behalf and say she would thoroughly recommend this book.
on 9 January 2015
Steve does for Africa what mccurry does for Asia. Very impressive book, Steve has a fantastic eye and has the ability to bring Africa into your living room. I should know, having both been to Africa and working as a pro photographer. He guides the eye through patterns, abstracts, motion blur, people, city life, tribesmen, rituals, the African way of life and wildlife photos. I have many photography books but this is one of the most highly treasured. Absolute gem of a book!
on 16 April 2013
beautiful images of people, wildlife and nature; the Hans Silvester book op the people op Omo is to be preferred if it concern the tribal pictures
on 7 February 2013
Living Africa has stunning photos and brings their lives straight to us. Well worth the read. Educational as well. Do get it!
on 23 May 2014
I am amazed by these pictures. They are telling a great story about a continent I have never seen in real life. Very honest, you see all aspects of the everyday life of living the tribal life.