on 29 August 2015
This is an excellent book for any student or young designer interested in social and responsible architecture. There are some excellent case studies of ephemeral architecture and a great selection of of projects for precedents, informatively discussed and supported with good imagery.
on 3 July 2013
I am a first year Architecture Student and i was recommended to read this before entering my second year in September. Decided to buy it because I like to refer to books on my shelf after reading them.
This book has really helped me in deciding what I want to do when I qualify as an Architect. It has also helped me in deciding what kind of Architect I want to be and how I want to design my buildings. There are also some great case studies in this book.
Definitely worth a read if you are studying architecture/ are interested in architecture!
on 12 January 2012
Bought this book some years ago and have loved it since. Photos and descriptions of simple inventions which really help people out, from instant desalinators to produce drinking water to quick self-build houses for earthquake victims, each told with a story around them. A great book, and as great as the association or architects which produced the book
on 26 April 2009
Very good book. 335 pages with good theoretical aproachs and very good photos.

The subject is about humanitarian and extreme architecture and the way design can in simple actitudes change the global view and the changes we are enter in , in a planetarian scale.