Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 October 2014
I got this for a present for a friend but although it is written by Edmund Duval it doesn't have any of his ceramics in it. It is very interesting and beautifully laid out and illustrated and is of interest to anyone interested in modern ceramics, which I am.
on 29 January 2012
An interesting text but I was disappointed with size of the book and the illustrations.It also seems a bit irregular jumping from one period to another...perhaps because I've read it in bits !I think it's the sort of book that will grow on me ,but I wish I'd bought the other De Val book on Pottery.
on 11 April 2013
Beautiful and informative book. Excellent photographs. Only slight disappointment is that it does not show potter's marks. Perhaps not the intention but it would complete the information and provide a valuable reference wherever applicable.
on 28 August 2015
Great little handbook,top rated seller.Fast delivery.
on 26 July 2009
When you do your City and Guilds in Ceramics, there's the fun side - namely the art and design and clay work, and then there's HOMEWORK...ugh
Once you have your Certificate, you then go for the Diploma and then the homework includes filling an A3 portfolio on the last 100 years of cermamics, and yet another portfolio on your 12 chosen potters.
To succeed in the project this book is an absolute must. I also bought Miller's 20th Century Ceramics and now the task doesn't seem so daunting - I've made notes from the books. It's just a question of finding the right moment to start the homework......