Customer reviews

on 15 May 2011
I would give this Grammar 5 stars, but for the following two points.
1) I own the Smyth Greek Grammar and know how truly exceptional a grammar can be.
2) I own the Smyth Greek Grammar and know how truly exceptional an index in a grammar can be.

Those points aside, this is probably the most comprehensive Latin grammar you will find on the market. There are other smaller grammars aimed at beginners and intermediates - Kennedy's - for example, but they don't really come close in terms of breadth of content.

I would not hesitate to buy this if you want the best out there: just be aware that it requires, I think, a thorough going over to get used to the layout and ease of finding what you want in it.

Recommended.
on 23 October 2011
This book is excellent for those who wish to revisit the Latin of their younger years. I found it very helpful in checking some of those obscure points which I had forgotten.