on 16 April 2009
This book is fantastic; anyone with any common mechanical knowledge will be able to follow it. I read a poor review for this book; Im so glad I did'nt take it to heart, well pleased, a delightful read the old & of course the best way.
on 17 August 2010
Although small, this book has so many things to make! Ranging from small objects to tree houses complete with pully-up ladder! Excellent all round and comprehensive enough to make accurate models, games, furniture and more!

We've had some fun flicking through the book let alone making them!!!
on 2 March 2013
This book has some amazing ideas in it and it is nice to have an old worldly look to it. My concern is that the print is very small, everything is black and white and therefore it is not very eye catching to boys. They love the ideas but don't really want to take the time to read the small print instructions. But my husband loved it and I know he will work with my son.
on 30 November 2012
I got this book for my 10-year-old grandson, who is very interested in making things, but i've sent it straight back because I didnt realise it's a facsimile reprint of articles from a 1945 boys magazine. The print is tiny and dense and the small, black and white pictures have some period charm for older adults maybe, but wouldn't attract a child.
on 19 August 2016
Projects from pop mechanics 1930's onwards when everything was built at home build something out of this bok and it will last. Also good for your older kids to learn how thing were made and to understand basic mechanics and read basic drawings
on 28 September 2013
A good read but some of the projects would be outlawed now under health and safety obligations in the UK. Mostly impractical but triggered some good memories.