on 8 April 2017
Quite large print and easy to read. Also worth noting that this is a paperback so although not very durable it isn't very heavy for it's size which made it easier for my ailing father to read.
VINE VOICEon 4 October 2009
I had never read any of the many Holmes mysteries before and picking up this (large print) version was the best thing I ever did as it was also my first ever large print book!

The pleasure in (at last) being able to read comfortably was undeniable and the equal pleasure I got out of the short stories was huge. I loved the stories, admired the style and now intend to read a lot more of Conan-Doyle's works - probably moving onto the novels next.

I don't know why C-D is not on the GCSE reading list because it should be. As a piece of social history the works are splendid and also as little literary masterpieces I found each story to be tremendously well-done. Yes, some stories may be a little bit contrived, but there is plenty of room for literary license.

Finally, if they exist, I'd love to read more of these in large print.
on 28 December 2009
I bought this book for my Grandmother for Christmas and she was absolutely made up with it. A good read and light to hold.
on 12 May 2014
Bought for my mother who is now in a residential home. Excellent value for money (it simply had someone's name written on the blank page) and in perfect condition. Arrived well on time!
on 9 December 2013
I bought the large print edition for my mother in law who has failing eye sight & dementia - its just a stocking filler
on 12 January 2012
I bought it for my 98 year old father who is managing to read it and finding it's light enough to hold. A success!
on 13 January 2016
Very pleased with purchase. Book in good condition.
Hard to find books in large print.
on 3 December 2016
Does what it says. Bought for father who has issues reading, he seems to like it.
on 11 December 2014
Classic tales. Good way to get familiar with Sherlock.
on 30 December 2015
A great copy, whilst an eye op is waited for.