on 6 December 2006
I have this for my 8 year old daughter who is working towards her grade 1 exam. She finds the easiest pieces playable but difficult due to 3 finger cords and lots of hand postion changes. I would recommend this for grade one and above , at grade 1 you could play the simpler pieces which are well set and aproved my my daughters piano teacher.
on 5 February 2016
Ordered by mistake. I wanted the actual music.
I liked this book. I am an adult learner who always hoped to be able to accompany the family at Christmas as we sang carols around the piano! A Victorian Christmas dream if you like!
But since I am still at about grade II level, I found the great majority of carol music far too difficult to play at a reasonable pace.
This book does certainly make it easy and possible to play decent carols and this Christmas we all sang happily. Although I did practice for a few weeks before hand.
The one negative is that a few of the arrangements are the USA version of a carol - in particular Away in a Manger is not the familiar form and there is no UK version.
A couple of the pieces were more of a grade II level, a couple were more of a grade I. On balance someone learning for about a year would get a lot of use out of this.
on 29 January 2009
This was ideal for my two grand daughters who are just starting to learn the piano. Very easy to read.
on 4 December 2011
Book is not too easy and just a bit challenging with the left hand notes. You can of course just play the right hand for the melody and add the left as you manage it. I have been playing now for 10 months and this book is just perfect for me at my level. Nice range of songs, only a couple I've never heard of/don't particularly like so a big thumbs up!
on 27 December 2011
This is a really simple book which even a novice can follow. You can get a decent song by playing with one hand - great for the real novices out there.
on 20 November 2012
I got this on my kindle, but the text is too small to read, it does not respond to enlarging the text size. There is a good and varied choice of music, but not suitable for the kindle.
on 2 February 2013
I loved this book! There were one or two songs in it which I didn't already know, so it gave me the chance, if I wanted to, to work on some new tunes.
on 7 January 2014
It was easies to play as im only just started playing the piano and i got on well thankyou ,by for now. Clive Richards.
on 27 December 2012
Good product. Really really good product. It is a good product. This product is good. Good product it is. Bye.