on 6 July 2017
Great
on 4 May 2017
Item was a gift and was well received.
on 13 August 2011
The book starts off with the basics, and explains how to read origami diagrams. Lang sticks to what is more or less the standard symbols used in lots of origami books, so this introductory course is a good place to start. A few simple models follow, and then the bar is raised gradually, up to the insanely complex cuckoo clock. Excellent! If you're a "neo-hardcore-strictly-square-paper-origami-enthusiast" you might have some issues with Lang's choice of paper sizes used on some of the models. I tend to prefer using squares myself, but Lang's less orthodox paper size models are a lot fun, and often intriguingly challenging. A good book, but probably best for people who've some experience with paper folding already. The "Complete" in the title is slightly misguiding, as the book does not contain the classic cranes or other simple, classical models. But then so many other books do, and this book contains quite a few other great models.
on 13 February 2011
This is an early book of Mr Lang's, and it is so good to see it available. As he is a mathematician as well as an entertaining lecturer this collection of progressively more complex models was a foretaste of the later far more complex books. Mr Lang is world renowned and respected in the origami community and I would recommend this as a second book for those who have folded a little and a first book for those who have folded by instruction before - but a lively mind and adept fingers will soon benefit from the carefully progressed selection.
I would not advise this as a first book but certainly buy while available to be there when ready for steadily more complexity. Some reviewers miss out the vital component of the way a paperfolder works; patience!
I buy this not only for me but as a second or third acquisition for those I introduce to origami as either just fun or therapy for arthritic fingers! No one will regret the purchase of this well diagrammed book. Excellent value for money.
on 8 January 2007
This book is ideal for lapsed folders - I used to do a lot of origami some years ago and needed a refresher. It contains a few simple models and a number of complex and very complex ones. Some of the intermediate ones are very satisfying indeed while the most complex ones are occasionally slightly disappointing and can feel a little forced.

Mr Lang very definitely has his own style of model and presentation; I liked the use of more text than is normal in origami books. However, many models have taken me numerous attempts & I've ended up annotating the book myself as I've worked out the keys to certain folds
on 19 February 2004
I bought this book because I had NO origami experience. I am not particularly good with my hands, but until I tried this book, I didn't think I was particularly bad either. The book starts okay, with a couple of simple models, but very quickly moves onto far more complex models that a beginner like me could never hope to tackle. Only about four or five models are suitable for the beginner. I would suggest this book is for advanced origami-ists who will probably love the incredibly complex and impressive models, the beginner should steer clear.
11 Comment| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 March 1999
I think this book is very good,because the models start off very simple and then seem to get harder and harder. It has the very easiest of origami, to the one and only cuckoo clock.
on 5 January 2013
I bought this for my son who is pretty good with origami. This book is challenging and some of the folds need concentration and determination. Good illustrations too
on 6 July 2013
THis is an excellent book written by my favourite designer. I bought it because I wanted to fold the biplane, which I am still struggling with, but I will succeed !
on 13 April 2011
Though this book does have some pretty awesome models in it (one of these days I will attempt the cuckoo clock, honest), it seems a very odd mix of the very simple, and insanely complex, with not a whole lot of middle ground.
I also found it pretty disappointing that so many models -and many of the most interesting looking ones at that- use truly weird shaped paper, because oddly enough, I rarely happen to have a sheet of 1:1.414, or 1:4.667 paper lying around...