on 11 August 2014
Well if you have a kid - buy it. Some of the puzzles - questionable, but most of them are great fun. If you want best of the best buy The Moscow Puzzles: 359 Mathematical Recreations (Dover Recreational Math).
on 11 April 2013
Fantastic book starting with really simple teasers and slowly progressing to challenge the puzzle enthusiasts. A classic collection that every generation must try. It reminds me of the book my parents got for me when I was a kid.
The difficulty level is beginning to intermediate - no need for differential calculus.
Bought for my 10 year old son but enjoyed by both: the boy and myself.
on 23 May 2016
I have always enjoyed Martin Gardner's puzzles and brain teasers ever since he used to write an occasional column for the Scientific American magazine.
on 23 October 2016
Fantastic condition book and ideal for some fun while home educating.
on 25 February 2014
Martin Gardner produces a mixture of jokes, puzzles and teasers. It is suitable for a range of ages. Children from 6 up will enjoy the jokes, while some of the puzzles need rather more skill and parental guidance. Definitely recommended.
on 21 January 2017
Great fun
on 3 May 2014
Was sooo much better than I was expecting! Was the perfect present for my boyfriend, or anyone who loves little puzzly-things!
on 31 December 2012
I gave this to my friend who enjoys mind puzzles. She has had fun with the teasers and even got her husband to think a few through.