on 22 October 2011
Entertaining Mathematical Puzzles (Math & Logic Puzzles)An excellent little book for my 10 year old grandson. An excellent introduction for children to the world of mathematics which is not just arithmetic but logic as applied to the real world.
on 12 September 2009
This is a very nice book. It has very clear solutions and a variety of problems. Unfortunately the money problems are using the american system but if you can find this book for a few pounds the rest of the problems are worth while.
on 15 June 2013
I initially bought the book for my 10 year old son but I ended up keeping it for myself enjoyed it a lot. Also good for reference purposes
on 12 April 2015
Great fun puzzles for kids finding their way in mathematics, giving them fun and joy in, what can be, a very dry and terse subject.
on 16 October 2004
It doesn't have many puzzles in it but the ones it does have are mostly interesting. I am a Maths teacher and i have used this book in some of my lessons. Recommended
on 11 January 2015
I've always been a big fan of Gardner's work, and this one is replacing a tatty copy. Great.
on 3 September 2016
The puzzles are indeed interesting and entertaining from a maths/logic point of view but the scenarios they use are really showing their age. The first page I opened had a caricature of two African tribesmen and a puzzle where they spoke broken English, and the next concerned a 'turbaned Hindu boy' - perhaps because in the 1960's we didn't bother to distinguish between Sikhs and Hindus, or indeed any of those other Johnny Foreigner types? It just didn't sit right with me at all, and I decided to get a different gift for the young, Hindu, (and definitely non-turbaned!) boy I'd initially bought it for.
on 19 February 2015
lots to keep your brain working
on 7 January 2014
The person who I gave this to has had fun working out the brain teasers and even shared some of them with me. Very good for keeping brain challenged.
on 10 June 2016
excellent book .. prompt service.