on 10 August 2017
A selection of greats from the master of impressionism. The Monet on the cover in my opinion makes this one of the best books for Debussy.
on 9 March 2006
High-quality reproduction from the original Durand editions, this is a superb (and huge) collection of Debussy piano music including some of his most popular works - Clair de Lune, Reverie, Reflets d'Eau. Some of the pieces are just a step or two up in difficulty from the "Children's Corner" series, but the range extends to the concert repertoire. It is a collection a pianist can return to many times over the years and still find something new to tackle.
I bought my copy in 1976 and it has lasted all this time. I don't suppose I paid much less for it then than Amazon's price today. It is an absolute steal, one of Dover's best, at a ridiculously low price.
on 9 September 2014
Fairly good value, though a bit disappointed with the quality of print. If I didn't know the music well it would make it difficult and in the pieces I didn't know it really slowed me down.

Although it says 'lie flat binding' it does not lie flat untilyou are quite aggressive with the spine and even then it still remains open.

The music is excellent, I do love Debussy and this is certainly a cheap way of getting all his piano repertoire. The easier pieces are about grade 8 level (Reverie was in the grade 8 syllabus for Associate Board) the others are harder. I can manage the easier ones but the harder ones are still delicious even if you bash through them at a snails pace.
on 24 January 2012
Certainly amazing value in terms of pages of piano music per pound. The pianist of a similar modest standard to myself (Grade 7 at best) might, however,find it helpful to know that no fingering is indicated in any of the pieces. It may be a good pianistic exercise to work out all the fingering for oneself, but the lack of fingering does mean that I for one am never likely to play more than a small fraction of the contents.
on 3 January 2017
Good collection of pieces. But like what other reviews said, there was no finger numbering... so it was kinda annoying that I had to go to Youtube to learn the fingering from the notes that are uploaded with the music :(
on 24 August 1999
I have used this particular edition for well over 20 years, and am constantly pleased by its sturdiness and legibility. I heartily recommend the Dover edition, not only of the Debussy, but of any work they may publish.
on 23 February 2015
Very nice beautiful peaces, thick book, thin paper bud very wel readable. Very nice :)
on 22 March 2015
My favourite set of pieces by Debussy.
on 8 April 2016