on 18 December 2007
Even though I have a background in IT I could never get to grips with Photoshop, despite reading several other books on the subject before this one. This book is absolutely first rate and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get there best out of their photographs with Photoshop. At the time I bought this book there were no other reviews, regardless I went ahead and bought it anyway, based mainly on the strength of the description.

What is unique about this book is that it explains Photoshop from a photographer's perspective. If you have ever developed and printed photographs, or admired the great landscape photographers like Ansel Adams, you will feel immediately at home with this book. The examples are clear, the steps to explain and educate are well paced and logically presented.

If I have any criticism I would like to have seen a larger section on printing, but as the author explains this is a big subject in itself - so Rob, get cracking on a book on printing, I can assure you of at least one sale!
on 10 September 2009
I concur with the other reviewer. Its a great book. The author gives you a solid workflow approach to improving your images. He narrates an honest work through several of his images detiling approaches in photoshop to change things within the photo for the better, showing the compromises , benefits and disadvantages.
I work with his approch now when I get time to manipulate my photos. I've really made a substantive improvemnt to images. The approach isn't one that only realtes to landscapes, its general.
Thoughly recommended.
on 18 November 2011
This book, although for a now outdated programme, is well written and has been a great help to me as a wildlife and nature photographer. It concentrates on the tools which are of most use to me and does so in a clear and concise way. I would reccomend it to any wildlife and nature photographer.
on 1 November 2013
This is a great book, well written with straight forward instructions and great information about photography history, ethics and so on.
For those who want to learn Photoshop to enhance their photos- don't look further.
on 27 October 2015
This is a great book, even though its a few years old, all the information is relevant today as it was when first published. It is helping me to concentrate on the photography and not get boiled down with photoshop.