Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 August 2009
Broken up into chapters and well indexed so easy to find what you're looking for. Gives practical instrcutions, theorectical advice and real-life examples to illustrate the author's points. Would be useful for people who own a small or large company, work in PR for one company or possibly as a starter in a PR firm.
Appears to be designed for total beginners, yet not patronising. We refer to it all the time when our marketing ideas dry up.
on 10 July 2013
Excuse the terrible pun title. This book was purchased after careful consideration, I have looked at so many reference PR books and kept finding I was disappointed as they were sector specific - that wasn't what I was looking for. This book however, offers a wealth of idea's suggestions and tips suitable for PR's and companies working in any employment area.

I fully recommend this book if you're working in PR, studying to be a PR consultant or if you plan to do your own PR work for your company. It's informative and doesn't leave you bored.
on 29 June 2009
As a creative professional, this book is exactly what i hoped it would be! very informative, very well written, repeats itself a tad but perhaps that is to cement some of it's points? it clarifies your suspicions and gives you the confidence to try our your pr ideas!
on 12 May 2015
This book is surprisingly good. It is packed full of ideas for getting publicity - covers a very wide range of situations and tactics. Recommended.

Daniel Valentine
Author of: "Online Marketing to Investors: How to develop Effective Investor Relations" (Business Expert Press, 2015)
on 19 July 2013
unfortunately 4 of the chapters are missing.

you will get to page 216, only to find that pages 169 - 216 have thereafter been repeated and pages 217 - 265 are missing (which count for part of c16, c17, c18 and part of c19)

Rather ironic considering this book is supposed to be illustrating how to give good pr, rather it is a good example of bad pr.
on 18 November 2010
I've got to confess I'm a magazine publisher who gets pestered by PR companies for my media planner, forward features list etc, which I always send them, thinking that they may be helping me sell my advertising. Anyway, I bought the book because I wanted to find out what PR people actually did (they certainly didn't generate any advertising for me!). Shock, horror, the book explained that PR companies go to (my) clients and tell them not to take paid adverts, but to submit articles for publication instead. The PR company appears to get paid with my foregone advertising revenue. Ouch, we now have a comprehensive internal policy for all PR company interactions.
on 16 August 2013
Perfect for all people entering the field of PR, or - like me - making the transition from communications into PR.
on 14 April 2015
Its exactly what you would expect from a Dummies book. simply presented for beginners like myself.
on 20 March 2015
Like brand new. Really useful and interesting!
on 3 March 2016
Very useful - still use it after uny