on 31 January 2008
This book changed my life! Say goodbye to insecurity and self doubt! With this and his his earlier book I felt directed by a master of helping people reach their real potential. Luciani helped me blast away issues such as exaggerating difficulties, self sabotage, procrastination and time wasting. Luciani compassionately understands that one's issues might be rooted in painful childhood experiences but thinks that painful emotional archaelogy rarely achieves much. Instead he has a simple easy approach that is enjoyable to read. Luciani showed me that in place of fear I have courage and resolve. Luciani focused me and through his books enthusiastically pep talked me into running after and realising my dreams.

PS For those who like therapy. You don't need to consult Luciani - he would say this himself I think - excepting very serious psychological conditions - all the therapy an ordinary basically normal person needs is bottled in these amazing books.
on 30 January 2012
I am surprised at the very many reviews of this book without a single reservation. Here are mine: Though I agree and am familiar with many points the writer tries to make, the way he makes them shows a lack of subtlety in understanding of individual psychologies. The tone the ideas are delivered in can be unhelpful, and too often 'shouts' STOP doing that and DO this. It seems to hang on the idea of sports coaching. But simple isn't always easy, and I think he misses the point for a lot of people. The idea of the 'coach', and especially the very US-centric culture this is aimed at, was deeply alienating to me and I couldn't identify with most of the attitudes or the comparisons that were being made, or even many of the case-studies.

More disappointingly, it takes 8 chapters of 'plugging' himself and the value of his method before he begins to get to the point. When he does, you still don't get a sense that you are getting anywhere fast. The most useful thoughts are in the final chapters. It is written without enough compassion for its intended readership, and a much better book for my money is 'Overcoming Depression' by Paul Gilbert.
on 27 November 2008
If you are experiencing anxiety, depression or if you just find that negative thoughts take up too big a part of your life; buy this book, follow the advice and belive that it will help you. Because it will! And here's the kicker: is's easy. This book will amaze you by the simplicity of the solution to your problems. One simple advice from me: eventhough it feels hard working through the program, and you may be challenged by your insecurity, stick with it! Don't listen to your doubts, just place your life in the hands of the principles presented in this book, and belive!

I've experienced depression, anxiety and devouring negative thoughts because of a traumatic event. It isn't easy to work your way out, but it sure helps to know how you should go about it.

PS If you do this program and have difficulty moving forwards or have any questions, the author will answer your questions and give guidance in the forum on his web site (He answered my question after just 22 hours after i posted it! Now that's service!):

[...]
on 18 April 2011
Purchased this book for a friend who was experiencing severe anxiety. She found the content most helpful and has told me she would recommend the book.
on 4 February 2015
Bought as a replacement as I gave my own copy away. In my opinion this is the best ever book I've read to help with anxiety, depression and lack of self-esteem. It has helped me greatly and is on my bedside table for when I feel myself sinking again. I would also recommend taking St John's Wort as a supplement on a regular basis.
on 1 September 2009
Been suffering for over 25 years with dealing with worry/anxiety. How I wish I found this book earlier.

Believe all the 5 star reviews.
on 24 May 2016
This book is pitched perfectly between an inspirational self-help book and a therapist's textbook. It's serious clinical knowledge, but delivered in an easy to understand and really human way. Luciani is kind but tough, and a great communicator.

I hope this book helps you as much as it helped me.
on 29 August 2015
I suffered from anxiety and depression since childhood. Nothing helped me. I was made to believe I was ill something wrong with me. This book surprise me and help me to understand why I am the way I am from childhood experience.
on 4 September 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book and now I try to practice the self-coaching technique in my everyday life, incidents and thoughts.
Maybe it's not so easy at first, but if you insist working on it, then you will have great results, as you begin to understand the choices you have.
The choices that you never believe before. I recommend this book to anyone who suffers from anxiety or depression, because you can learn yourself
a different way of thinking and consideration about everyday facts and incidents. You learn to listen to your inside voice and you learn that you
have a choice of accepting this voice or not. If you are used to listen to this voice for many years and this voice is creating anxiety
and bad feelings, then this is the right time to abandon this usefulness habit!
on 6 February 2012
I bought this book after reading the excerpt from "look inside" and being impressed by how much I found myself in the description. I've finished reading it in just 2 days and it managed to motivate me to coach myself.
It's extremely easy to read, friendly and the author knows how not to sound like a "know it all". He empowers the reader tremendously - one of the main ideas in the book is "no psychologist can heal you - only you can." He gives enough examples to illustrate behaviors, and then gives simple tips on how to deal. The main principles are reiterated many times, which makes them easier to understand and remember.
It gives a balance of description - explaining why anxiety and depression happen, and what their mechanism is - and action-oriented tips to start a healthy self-coaching.
One of the best buys in months.