on 28 July 1999
I was disappointed that I could not get any discount, but I bought it anyway. I wanted to get an understanding of this particular business segment. After reading several chapters of the book, I have to say that I am glad I purchased this title. It's an excellent reading for business school students and for those interested in this business. The book does not cover everything under the sun, but it does cover many of the major business areas very well. Nice and easy reading, no nonsense mathmatical equations. A good book.
on 25 July 1999
This book's contents significantly depart from the back cover's promise. It is not a "thorough and rigorous analysis of the current market practices." While this basic review could be used as an introduction piece for those that think a TIGER is only a jungle cat and call has something to do with a phone, the book will provide little insight for those with even a basic business school background.
on 22 April 1999
This guide is quite thorough, though I thought the "VaultReports.com Career Guide to Investment Banking" was more useful to me as a job seeker.
on 28 April 1999
This is the most comprehensive book on this subject I have seen in years. It describes each major segment of the investment banking business well. It is not perfect, but much better than other titles listed here.
on 4 May 2015
This book reads like it's copied and pasted from investment banks' websites. Full of meaningless jargon. It's like what a below-average undergraduate student would produce if asked to write a book on investment banking.
on 9 October 2014