on 10 March 2016
This is a great book. I have purchased a few A&P books for my access to nursing course and this was recommended by my tutor. The text is clear and easy to understand whilst the diagrams are easy to understand. It is an invaluable book for nursing.
on 13 November 2014
This was on the reading list for my daughter who is studying radiotherapy at Uni. When I bought it I didn't realise it came in two volumes, you really need both volumes, and they are usually sold together. I have now found and ordered vol 2. It's a very informative book and exactly what my daughter needs. She says it is invaluable. The book arrived in good time, well packaged and considering we bought a used copy it looked like new.
on 22 October 2009
I am currently doing my Access to Nursing Diploma and this book came highly recommended from my Biology tutor as being one of the best investments which will follow us onto university next year and he's not wrong. I am finding it a real help whilst I'm working on my first assignment and the detail and colour diagrams are amazing. Without a doubt this is well worth the investment if you're considering going into Biology or any other medical field, it's money you will not waste!
9 people found this helpful
on 14 October 2016
'No other text and package offers a teaching and learning environment as rich and COMPLETE.' ?

'...into 2 volumes' ?

'What a book or should I say BOOKS' ?

'...THREE BOOKS came...' ?

'great BOOKS!' ?

These quotes taken from the reviews and product description must refer to another product and are all misleading.

Not 'complete'.... only the first volume.
on 27 June 2011
I am a first year Pharmacy student and would recommend this highly to anyone doing a medical and health related course. The great thing about this book is it can simplify complex and detailed concepts into an easy to read format. There are many tables and diagrams of which the majority are helpful. It appears that quite a lot of thought has been put into the making and presentation of the book. It is also presented in a way which makes it interesting rather than being mundane like some textbooks. A book set worth buying.
on 20 November 2017
Bought this for my son at university. He says it's perfect, this is a rating I rarely achieve !! The price was right. Everybody's happy.
Thank you. Gas turbine.
on 5 November 2017
Fantastic content. One of the best I’ve bought. But, the quality of the binding and paper is poor. Pages are already falling off!
on 27 March 2013
I've have used this book before in my studies in the Caribbean and decided to get another copy now that i'm here. The illustrations and explanation are very succinct making it very easy to grasp the concepts or physiology of the areas in question. I'll recommend this book a thousand thim, since this is my second copy which i'm using for another subject area. Tortora hasn't disappoint as always.
on 9 February 2014
I use this in every area of my course from anatomy o basic biology. It has the work at my level (A level), but also explains at the degree and Masters level, so will be good on future courses. Well worth the money.
this book has become my course bible, would not be passing without it.
on 26 May 2016
Managed to get a pretty good deal on this paying about £25 for a like new used copy! can't complain!

Great for any Medics, Nurses and like me....Radiographers for learning your anatomy!