Customer reviews

on 21 February 2013
This books seems to be suitable for researchers on bank efficiency, productivity and industrial organization (SCP paradigm etc) research. The material is nicely exposed, avoiding many technical details, leaving the reader to further explore certain issues in banking. I like that it provides theoretical foundations for the associated topics along with a review of the most important (or relevant) empirical banking studies. It is not a cookbook, though, in the sense that it teaches you the particulars of the models being used - just their foundations. Besides, it is just 280 pages. The language is good and the fonts are quite big - you read and feel no pain in the eyes if you know what I mean.

I would have given 5 stars if the authors had included an appendix with technical material and if they had used a bit of colour, along with schematic representations of theory. I would definately not pay the 90 poounds initial price for this book, but I find the current lowest price (20 pounds) a bargain. I would attach a price of 35-40 pounds for this book, if this sounds reasonable.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse