on 5 May 2008
Is very impressed with Market Models and have been waiting for another book for years now and couldnt have been better with a whole new series. A++ for its unmatched delivery style, step-by-step approach, and amazing content.

The topics are neatly arranged starting with essential maths in Vol1, advanced Econometrics in vol 2, option theory + other instruments in 3rd and VaR in 4th. Easy to understand and assimilate. All that one needs to master market risk.

I love the cds that accompany each volume - use it at work at times! It's comprehensive yet concise. Doesn't take lots of pages to drive a simple concepts across."
on 22 February 2014
This book spends a great deal of time explaining what the rest of the book is going to set out, and why it will be doing to a very high standard but in an approachable manner etc. Chapters follow a similar pattern. I have studied mathematical modelling at degree level and found that the book moved quickly into terminology and an assumed level of knowledge that is higher than the authors seem to believe is required. I'll be using it as a reference to support my work and studies at Masters level, and I'm sure it will provide a useful reference from time to time.
on 19 May 2008
Market Risk Analysis is a landmark to the risk management profession.
It's the first collection to cover from the mathematical foundations of quantitative finance to the more complex model applications.
Quantitative Methods in Finance is a rigorous and yet accessible presentation of the fundamental methods with objective exercises presented in the CD.
I highly recommend this book as I believe it will be a reference for both professionals and academics.
on 8 February 2009
This is a well written, clear and concise text introducing quantitative methods in finance, with copious empirical examples. It provides a solid mathematical and statistical grounding in the methodologies required to study finance, supported with excel spreadsheets. Watsham and Parramore (1996) and then some! An excellent introduction!
on 31 August 2008
I found the books at the EFM conference in Greece and bought vol. I and II.

I would like to thank Prof. Carol for the wonderful books. These texts has made my life as PhD student much easier and confident. I was looking for something like this for past 1.5 years and when I saw these volumes, it was like discovering the holy grail.

I entered into phd (finance) after long gap of academic study and was looking for texts which could provide the basis and reference to update my quant skills. Profound thanks to Prof. Carol for writing these wonderful volumes, which has availed all the tools that I will need for my PhD and as a future professional in the field of quantiative finance.

I highly recommend these volumes to anybody who wants to understand quantitative finance, particularly risk management, in a rigourous yet in a very accessible form. WONDERFUL TEXTS.
on 29 August 2011
It is always difficult to write a book review - we all come with different Maths and Finance backgrounds and will digest quantitative finance topics at a different pace.
Nevertheless, this book is 100% recommended - easy to follow, loads of practical examples, extremely good structure.
on 3 April 2014
A self-contained reference on quantitative methods. Covers most of the essential topics that one might need in this line of work.