on 18 October 2011
In fact I have never rate any book I bought, but this one has to be.

This four part work is really worth to read. It is not demanding neither easy. It is pleasure to read these books. I appreciate typeset, binding as well.

But the best thing is, that on every chapter, every paragraph and sentence everybody can see, that Carol does not want to refer about methods and problems, but she wants to teach you how to understand and solve.

Combination of theory and practical examples is very useful. Excel files are useful supplement. Because of enhancement of Excel, as a teaching environment it is the best place to start. Personally I would prefer R, but these books are not about coding analyses in particular software. They are about understanding these analyses. Author deserves every penny for it.
on 20 February 2010
My only one recommendation is
buy the whole set since they are interconnected.

it's certainly worth it.

Let me add something I also found hedging topic in vol 3 much easier
to understand than many books I've read.
on 18 April 2016
A good book, finish the reading, I got a new job in market risk. Good investment!
on 28 November 2011
This is a well written piece. Also the excel templates has really helped in explaining concepts clealy for easy grasp.Coming from a country with a less developed financial market,some concepts sounds ambiguous,but this text has been able to help expain most concept clearly. Thanks Carol.
on 9 January 2014
I'm really happy to have bought these books.
I' d started reading Poul Wilmott, and I was not happy with the poor math coming out abruptly out of the blue.
Carol Alexander books has a much more rigorous math and the subject result really easy to understand.