Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 January 2012
In this book you will find inspiriation to go and live your dream, as well as lots of practical information on how to make this particular dream come true. As well as lots of tips, and real life experiences of living on a boat with a young family, there are some great pictures which alone are very inspiring. For those who like to 'armchair' adventure as well as those planning / thinking about / or actually living the dream. Easy to read and well laid out, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 20 April 2016
Another good addition to my library of howtos. It has some useful stuff in it and has the advantage of haviing been published more recently than others and is also aimed at the sort of cruising we do and plan to do in the future. I think that it tries to cover a bit too much though which is why I didn't give it five stars. The advice on where to go is a bit sketchy and could usefully form another book which would sit very comfortably alongside a thinner version of this one and things like World Cruising Routes.
on 20 December 2011
This is a really fun & inspiring book which makes sailing around the world with kids seem tantalisingly plausible for those with an adventurous spirit and the confidence to get up and go. I'm no sailor but the writing style is so clear and accessible that this really doesn't matter. I've been dipping in and out of this book with my kids (aged 5 to 11) since I got it and they love it too. I don't think we'll be able to do this journey ourselves but it has reminded me to seize the day for (smaller) adventures with my own family. Definitely one for the present list!
on 6 February 2012
I sat down to have a quick flick through this book and found myself still there engrossed an hour later. It's a fascinating and informative read for anyone tempted by freedom and adventure, as well as a practical guide as to how to actually get ready for undertaking such a feat. The photographs are tantalizingly good and make you long to dive into the crystal blue waters. The practical information is very helpful, as well as the inclusion of charts. I'm seriously considering taking off on a little yacht and living the dream, but even if I don't get it together, reading this book has given me a most enjoyable vicarious experience anyhow. Food for thought...
on 8 January 2014
We love this book! I doubt we'll ever actually sail off into the horizon but we constantly dip into this book. It's full of the most fascinating information & handy tips.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone, either just as a lovely book to read & dream over or as a practical accompaniment to a round the world trip.
on 26 January 2012
I am now saving up for a little yacht! If anything were to inspire and encourage our adventurous spirits - then this is it. I have and continue to, thoroughly enjoy dipping in and out of this book (and dreaming). It is a practical book with wonderful anecdotes and beautiful pictures. There is the best advice for all non-nautical persons on how to set off on the adventure of a lifetime.I have nothing but admiration for Nicola and her family.
on 9 February 2012
Well, they certainly managed to achieve their dream, and from the enthusiastic recollections it was a most enjoyable experience. Lots of anecdotes. beautiful, evocative photographs and testimonies from other cruisers, all of whom seem to love the life of a wandering seafarer.

An easy, enjoyable read, encouraging others to sail off into the sunset.
on 15 August 2014
I have always dreamt of packing it all up and sailing away... This book is an inspiration and for me makes that dream a possible reality.. I have actually put a time line on going now...
on 1 February 2012
nicely written,nice photoes,not to much info on actual sailing,plenty on places visited,though no different to most other accounts of this type,more like a family diary,of a cruise ship holliday.
on 1 January 2014
A great read for those of us wishing to live the life of livaboards. A few suprizes along the way.