on 18 May 2013
I have quite a number of "Dummies"and have found them very instructive and easy to understand(less jargon)As a newcomer to the ukulele,and without a tutor I needed a reference manual that would satisfy..Alistair Wood fills that gap.
on 7 May 2013
A really good book from the Dummies series. The CD helped a lot and linked very clearly from the book to the CD. If you have just bought a Ukulele and not sure where to start I can recommend this book as a good step by step guide.
on 1 April 2013
Like all Dummies books this one gives you everything that you need know in one package. If you've a;ready played another instrument you may well find that you're skipping a lot of this book, however for a beginner it's very good.
on 26 March 2015
This book is ok if you can read music but that said found it very good to follow.just haven't read it all still enjoying looking up how to do other bits then moving to parts of playing and listening to the cd. Overal very good.
on 5 November 2014
Bought this as I am in fact a 'Dummie'. It has some good stuff in it but I found it a bit overpowering and got to the tricky bits too quickly for me. Gone back to You Tube where there are some really good videos to learn from.
on 19 September 2011
Bought this book for my son as he got an ukulele for a present. Found it very useful and has managed to play a few tunes already. Excellent book for the money
on 14 March 2014
I'm so glad I bought this book with my beautiful new Ukelele. I've found it really easy to follow and the CD was a great bonus to. It's really clear and simple and had me playing with confidence much faster than I expected.
on 8 January 2014
If you want a ukulele Dummies book then you can't go wrong with this, even with postage and packing, it was far cheaper than I would have paid in the shops. More than highly recommended. I'd give it ten stars if I could.
on 31 May 2013
I am pleased with this book, I have been trying to play the ukulele for a while but most of the instructions manuals tend to skip points that they think are obvious this manual goes to into more easily understood detail.
on 11 August 2011
I have a bad Ukulele book habit. I've bought many and have several hard drives worth of tuition videos. If only Al Wood had written this book earlier my kids might not be shoeless.

The book is great, covering just about everything from scratch but not in an interminably detailed or boring manner. Chords - strumming patterns - finger picking and stylistic combinations of the above are all covered so that even a fat-fingered plucker like myself can make their Uke sound good.

Al (Mr Wood?)'s style is engaging and clear, but you may well be familiar with it from the UkeHunt website if you aren't then you probably don't have a Ukulele. Get one - get this book - get playing.