Customer reviews

on 26 April 2017
Really pleased with this book
on 29 April 2017
Great book!
on 23 August 2012
I found this book excellent and have used the exercises very effectively with my coachees. Whether you are new to NLP and Coaching or an experienced 'old hand' it provides a wealth of information and a step by step guide to coaching.

I like the way you can dip in and out and easily find what you need or you can choose to read it in more depth. If you are experienced in coaching it's a nice refresher with some great stories and killer questions!

The examples Kate gives help to bring the complexities of NLP theory to life and help you to reflect on your own experiences and tendencies before working with a client. The book really is a guide to NLP coaching from start to finish and has now replaced my copy of 'NLP for Dummies' as this is written specifically with me as a coach in mind.

The tone is just right and I like the way Kate has written it with careful thought and integrity, even bringing in the coaching ethics of the ICF as guidelines - I just wonder how did she find the time to write and capture it all!?
on 4 September 2012
This is a good comprehensive guide for coaches at all levels. There is a wealth of NLP tools and techniques that are clearly explained. The book provides advice and guidance to develop essential NLP skills and then clearly shows how to adapt and use these skills in coaching relationships. It covers the methodology of coaching and in the chapter `Ten traps to avoid in Coaching' covers aspects such as losing track of time and the need to `rescue' the other person , which all coaches may experience from time to time. I particularly liked how the different techniques were linked with specific situations and challenges that a client might be facing. The book is presented and signposted in a clear way which makes it easy to find information you are seeking. Kate's wealth of experience and ability to write in an unambiguous way enables these powerful techniques to be easily understood by the reader.

Gail Brown - Executive Coach
GB Management Coaching Ltd
on 4 April 2011
As an NLP Master Trainer and a Trainer of ILM Level 7 Executive Coaches I recommend this book to all new coaches and NLP Practitioners. There is a useful blend of NLP and coaching models provided. I particularly like the 10 coaching questions.

I have added this book to the recommended reading for both my ILM Level 7 Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring and NLP Practitioner training courses.

Melody Cheal, MSc Applied Positive Psychology and NLP Master Trainer
The GWiz Learning Partnership
on 13 February 2014
This book is full of takeaways, well written and works well in e-form. I have found it a useful addition to my library of Coaching and NLP books.
on 9 December 2012
As a NLP Master Practitioner, business trainer and coach this book is a valuable resource. A great collection of tools and techniques to draw upon, we'll presented by the Dummies brand and house-style. Thoroughly recommended by me.
on 28 April 2013
As soon as I received the book I read it from cover to cover. Very easy to read packed with many useful tools and ideas for any coach. I recommend it heartily.
on 19 January 2014
Great quick reference guide. Easy information to access to support learning and practice. A good buy! Would certainly recommend it.
on 9 November 2012
A great book on the subject, written in an easily readable form. I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone new to the subject.