Customer reviews

on 2 December 2013
Foundations of Strategy distils the strategic theory and applies the theory to reality. The material in the book is very well illustrated with cases. The layout of the book is very pleasing and there is excellent use of colour. This makes the assimilation of the content easier. There are plenty of references for further reading. A feature I like is that the chapter endnotes are easy to read!

The book starts with a brief historical review and then takes you through Industry Analysis. There are some chapters on Competitive Advantage (and how to monetise it). The book looks at Corporate Strategy and then deals with some specific topics in Strategy.

There is as excellent companion website ([...] with additional material. This supports the text very well.

I have used Foundations of Strategy to teach a Strategy module to Finance MSc students. It was very well received. As a practitioner and a lecturer I recommend this book. It is clear, contemporary and comprehensive.

I discovered Foundations of Strategy because I used Grant's Contemporary Strategy Analysis on my MBA programme. If you have an MBA and need to do a "reboot" - I recommend this book to you as well.
on 12 November 2012
really good delivery, came much sooner than it said it might. The book is really good, its the main textbook for one of my university modules and covers all aspects of strategy models and theories.
on 13 May 2014
This is a great introduction before reading other more focussed books. The design makes it easy to navigate, to learn in bite size chunks, lots of applied examples and covers all the basics.
on 26 October 2015
This book was required for my Masters studies module, but i found it to be very informative about business strategies and analysis theories like five forces etc...
on 22 February 2014
My module leader recommend me read this book. It's quite simple language, clear structure, and a lot of examples and case study. Enjoy reading!
on 3 October 2013
My professor recommended this book, so I bought it. The knowledge in it is easy to understand! It is really helpful!
on 17 November 2013
Helped me to complete my uni module and the case studies are really relevant to the modern day business environment
on 27 January 2015
It's a good reading with good examples and good design. But personally, I would say it is a bit superficial, tbh.
on 16 February 2014
Good price, arrived promptly. not much more to say, good condition.
on 2 November 2013
good product as announced and delivered on time.