Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 March 2011
Excellent value for money. Many manuals are written by people who are experienced with the product and so miss the basics, as with all things 'if you do not master the basics, you will struggle to progress'. This manual addresses those basics.
on 4 August 2013
This is a great book for novices and more infrequent users of sketchup (who may need reminding of the program now and again)
There are a wealth of videos online, by the author, to back-up the teaching in print in a more hands on way, which in my eyes gives you a complete belt and braces approach to learning the program. If you read about a particular method and don't quite understand, you can go online, what it happen and then use sketchup yourself there and then to do it. Sure, just having a pile of vids to watch would be a good way to learn, but having the book means you can read and learn when not at your computer.
I like to read this at night, using little post-it flags to mark sections to watch the next day online or try on sketchup itself.
This book has been invaluable to me for teaching all manner of basics and routines.
on 14 May 2014
I was hoping an easy guide would get used by me father, but no, he stills me up first. I had a read, and it goes through the basics in very bland manner. Does what it says on the cover, but in my particular case may be more useful to bang my head against.

I'm not a massive fan of the "dummies" series, they are good to start you off, but quickly you outgrow them. This one is no exception, would be nicer to see link to examples or tutorials included to get you a bit further.
on 27 December 2011
A must buy...

There's nothing more I can say, if you're interested in learning Sketch-up you need this book. It's very easy to follow helped by the on-line tutorials. yes the links are on YouTube but its always good to have the book to refer to. There are also a few points in the book not covered 100% on-line.
on 28 August 2011
This book came very quickly (as usual with Amazon) and is exactly as described. I keep it in the toilet and learn a new procedure at every visit.
on 14 July 2012
This book is well written and structured well, to bring you from beginner through to a master of sketchup

The online windows which accompany this book - are a great help too.

The book is geared towards and uses architecture for the learning examples, but the author states and as you know, sketchup although heavily geared towards 3D architectural drawings, sketchup can be used for many other things

This is my very first "for dummies" book and I think I have picked a great one.

Congrats must go to the author for his style of writing, and for the thought he has puit into the breakdown of the lessons.
on 23 October 2013
I used sketch up quite a bit before buying this book and was finding it quite difficult to use. When I got this book I realised just how limited my knowledge of sketch up was. You can do so much that I didn't realise and this book tells you how and is so easy to follow. Essential buy.
on 30 March 2013
This bok covers many topics and is a useful handbook.
The exercises did not work for me as when I tired to make the interiors of the house separate from the shell of the building lines were still attached and there was no information on how to solve this problem.
on 3 December 2012
Not usually a fan of the 'Dummies' series of guide books but will admit that this one is simply excellent. The information is presented well and somewhat wittily but moreover the information is succinct,helpful and informative. At the price you can't go wrong.
on 31 December 2012
Google sketch up is a useful and 3d program, with the advantage of being free! There is a help file, but not very user friendly.
I'm still starting to use the book and it's better then a hard copy book.