Customer reviews

on 31 August 2011
This is a very good, book, I have just started learning CSS and it has helped me LOTS, I keep referring back to it when messing with code. And CSS isn't the only part of it, it has very good tips about designing for mobile devices and it have many many many links in for applications and webpage's that can help designers. I recommend it very much, and the website that goes along with this book is invaluable because it allows you to see the source code, download it and test things out yourself.
I've been looking for a simple-to-understand book on learning HTML and CSS for quite some time. HTML and CSS has been and always been complicated.

The book lays out the fundamentals but what I really like is that the author stresses just the most critical laws to know. This way you're not wasting valuable time trying to determine what's really important to remember and what's not.

This is one of the two books that I have on the subject--both from The Dummies Series--but this one stresses:

* The relationship between the three languages
* How the rules have changed with the formation of XHTML
* How CSS functions in both ecosystems
* Programming for webpages and mobile/tablet devices

The other book, by the way, is also a great book that expands on this book but also introduces several other coding languages.

The other nice thing about this book is the CD-Rom covering lessons and providing the actual html pages that are used in the printed manual.

The book also introduces HTML5 and CSS3 in the latter chapters. took really fills in and makes easy this very complicated subject.

5 Stars.
on 25 October 2013
I have found it relatively simple, clear and well graduated in teaching development. I am beginning to feel quite confident about setting up a website. Well worth the money.
on 8 February 2012
I gave this product four stars as it is really made for dummies, personally I got little from the book as I thought it might offer a little more. If you're like me and you already have a basic understanding of html, xhtml and css but just thought you might pick up a few tips I personally wouldn't recommend it.

If you are a beginner though this is a pretty good starting place which is reflected by my star score.
on 26 November 2014
This book is just awesome, includes everything you need to know about html, css. It is really easy to follow this book because it's got an example, shows you how to do it 👍
on 19 October 2013
Well written and illustrated in plain English. It is not a story book but a great reference and I have used it in conjunction with other reference books.
on 3 August 2014