Format: Hardcover|Change

on 7 April 2016
i buy this book at a discounted price and paid 5 times what it cost now

i buy a book every months or so and in the last 2 years i have to say that the most complete , easy to read and full of nice recipes ever

migoya is a idol and his dessert are phenomenal

the recipes are easy to follow and well explained

one of the top 3 of my huge collection
on 6 November 2015
over a year I spend my money buying all michelin chefs book I could find until I bought this one .... this book is a "must " have in your library if you don't have it . it's clearly the most complete book of pastry I have ever buy , even better than the michelin books . I love the part where he is explaining wich combination of flavour work and why . You have few recipes . Explanation of the new molecular cooking etc etc ... very complete book . thanks to francisco migoya for this book
on 26 April 2014
I'm a pub chef and wanted to expand my dessert offerings and knowledge so thought I'd add this to my collection.

The creations within are stunning, and I would love to try all of them.

There may be a few techniques I could use but the majority of it was all far too complex.
on 22 October 2013
Got this book for my husband who is a chef and he loves it. He is very much impressed by the content of it. Has a great amount of knowledge and information in it. He recomends it to anybody who wants to be on a professional level in regards to desserts. He has many books but this one is one of his favourites.
on 5 December 2012
This book did not disappoint. The desserts in this book are modern, exciting and stunningly executed. The photography is beautiful, and every element of the dessert you see pictured from the sauce to the décor is included in the recipes. You won't find traditional or hot plated desserts in this book, and some of the recipes and techniques may be just out of reach for the home cook or pastry chef in an average kitchen (e.g. use of dehydrator and molecular cooking ingredients) but still, this beautiful book and definitely a book that you will return to again and again for plating and recipe inspiration.
on 8 December 2012
First of all let me tell you something that I am a trained chef and working as a pastry/dessert chef since last 7 years. Throughout these years I have got many many books on desserts, pastry & baking from continental chefs, an aussie chef, singaporean chef and until an year ago an american chef called Nick Malgieri.

The book from Nick Malgieri changed my whole opinion about not only american chefs but also it farther my horizons. But when I received this book it compeletely blew me away. I have owned about 16 books on pastries, baking and desserts and I consider my collection pretty comprehensive but this book rules them all. It is very simply THE BEST. There is no other word but it is just PERFECT.

I THANK CHEF MIGOYA FROM BOTTOM OF MY HEART
on 7 October 2013
Please understand how technical this book is. As my name suggests I can hold my own with desserts. But this book really digs deep and you really need to have worked in some form of patisserie or high end restaurant to stand any chance of recreating any of the dishes. Certainly no sticky toffee pudding in this monster of a cookbook.......
on 11 January 2014
Brought it as a present for my Chef son. Who has found it a very interesting and above all, very useful. The book is full of very useful guides to assist in the creation of the recipes in the book. The delivery was fast and before due date, which I was very impressed with.
on 12 March 2013
What can I say, this book is packed with unusual but well thought out balanced desserts and mignardeses which may be a chalenge for even experienced chefs. Lots of technical details are in here, nothing is left out. As always Mr Migoya has been thorough and concise. A real tour de force!
on 5 December 2014
Bought it as a present for our chef son who has found it both stimulating and very useful.

Delivery was quick and it only cost a small £36 amount from Amazon dealer NOT the one listed as doing Prime which was far too expensive. The delivery was quick and the book was well packaged and BRAND NEW not even secondhand.