on 16 March 2009
We took this to Prague with us and used it extensively. Our trip was from Thursday to Monday in February. We ate in about 5 of the recommended places and were pleased that we had. The separate map at the back is very useful for sticking in a pocket, and the guidebook itself is easy to carry around. Some British travellers might find the bias slightly towards the US market but we didn't have a problem with this. I had used the Lonely Planet guide on a previous trip to Prague but preferred Frommers.
on 15 July 2010
I first bought this book before a short break to Prague, well you would really wouldn't you. It is extremely well organised. There are sections on the best full days tours, the best special interest tours, the best neighbourhood walks, Best shopping, Best dining, Best nightlife, Best excursions, Best lodging and more. In fact the book was so good that I have bought a second copy as I lost the first one at the end of the trip and we are returning later this year. Also of interest to my male colleagues, the book is slightly too big for your pocket but will fit really well into your wife's/partners handbag!
on 10 August 2010
Although slightly Americanised , we loved the writers tips on getting away from the crowds and seeing the bits of Prague that were slightly off the well beaten tourist trail, contains a super little map too!
on 24 November 2011
This book should be your first choice if visiting Prague for a few days, it provides excellent and accurate information for walking the city. My wife and I visited Prague in Oct this year for 5 days and were able to see most of the sights and complete several of the walks as described. This book cuts to the chase and provides a hands on experience not normally found in a pocket size travel book. We will return next summer to enjoy Prague when it's warmer and the evenings are longer.
on 2 August 2012
There are things that I look for in a guide book. First, it must be light and convenient to carry around. If you are a budget traveller like me, a 300-page book full of beautiful photographs is lovely to look at but is a real burden to your luggage weight limit. And believe me, the heavier it is, the more tempted you will be to leave it at home or at your hotel room. Second, I want compact information of interesting attractions, arranged in the comprehensible layout. Books with long descriptive paragraphs with some key words in bold are better for reading before the trip, but not during. Third, I don't know about you, but I tend to avoid those guide books that offer long lists of recommended accommodations and restaurants. Those sections are useless for me since I always plan where I'd stay in advance and I prefer to do my research on the Internet. Fourth, the book should have easy-to-read maps, or better yet, zoomed-in maps which focus on popular tourist areas. Lastly, additional tips about the best time to visit, or small suggestions on off-beaten track routes, are always nice.

This Frommer's Prague Day by Day scores perfectly in all the categories I have mentioned, after comparing it with the others on the market. Plus, it comes with a fold-away map in a rainproof plastic case, which I think is very thoughtful. The attractions are divided into neighbourhoods, making it easy to walk around and explore. It has the information on the opening times and admission prices. Importantly, it includes the names of the places in Czech, which is tremendously helpful because most signs in Prague are not written in English, especially at the tram stops. On top of that, I quite enjoyed the author's style of writing. It is casual and does not overwhelm the readers with too much detail. In short, it is a fun and practical read. I'm happy that I bought this one.
on 1 October 2012
This book was simple invaluable. It made our visit to Prague effortless. We were there for three days and the book is set out in days so that you can ensure you miss none of the essentials. It also made visiting the sites without a guide possible as it gives enough basic information about everywhere it suggests you visit. It gave us the confidence to use the public transport system which turned out to be both cheap, convenient and easy. Highly recommended - DO NOT GO TO PRAGUE WITHOUT THIS BOOK!
on 17 May 2012
We had a 5 night stay in early May 2012 and this guide was so useful. Full of useful information set out in a most logical way. We did not find one aspect in it that was not accurate.We used the transport map extensively as the tram and metro in Prague are so efficient.Also handy size to fit into coat pocket/day bag etc. Highly recommended *****.
on 17 April 2012
Bought this book for a trip to Prague after reading previous reviews, this is the first guide book we have used from cover to cover. Fantastic guidance around the whole of Prague, well written by the author, who is passionate about Prague. Would recommend to anyone who is visiting Prague.
on 20 September 2013
Quick to receive item. Excellent guide and convenient to use. Book arrived with bent outer cover, should have returned but was inconvenient. More care please when selecting and packing.
on 15 October 2012
We found this book to be clearly laid out, with good photos, and a nice map section. We recommend this guidebook to Prague. Slightly larger than pocket size, but still quite portable.