on 5 December 2012
I obtained a lot of useful information from this book. Having had several unexplained crashes with Win XP, Windows 7 and even Win 2K I was able to solve all of the problems some of which in the past even "System Restore" was unable to cure. I found that much of the advice even worked with Windows 2000 which I still use as a Server. I particularly liked the "System File Checker" which works on all of the aforementioned operating systems and which a colleague of mine who professes to fix computers had never even heard of.
on 7 May 2013
My PC had a problem recently which needed expert attention. I had to take it to my local PC repair because I hadn't a clue how to solve the problem myself - even by googling the symptoms. The problem served as a warning that I really needed to maintain my PC properly and at least attempt to troubleshoot minor problems. This book seems to have information on all eventualities - only time will tell how useful it is.
on 22 March 2013
I bought it to stick on the shelf "just in case" but its quite a funny read and I've found myself reading chunks of it and finding out things I didn't know! That's not to say I've read the whole book, but very happy with it.
on 3 January 2013
It arrived quite quickly. Well written in general, but I wish it had concentrated a little more on slow computer startup and response.
on 3 August 2014
not what i expected when you looked up a subject it referred to another dummies book for he answer
on 17 August 2015
Loads of information well written and if you have some ability easy enough to follow, if you are low in knowledge it is a little harder to follow. But worth the money just for the amount of information given. But it does not give step by step examples.
on 30 July 2015
Dan really knows his stuff and puts it across in an entertaining fashion, so you never feel you're being lectured. If you're a newbie or just need a complete guide as an enthusiast, then go for it - ideally in eBook format.
on 14 March 2013
very helpful for me and others to follow the deliver was in sent in good time.Price of the book very good.
on 12 October 2014
great book and good seller
on 20 June 2015
An extremely useful book.