on 24 February 2011
Due to changes in the syllabus I am currently changing from ACCA UK stream to ACCA IFRS. Unfortunately this has come at the P2 rather than F7 stage of my studies so I needed a book that would help me convert streams quickly but with still giving me depth and insight.
Purely on site star rating recommendations I purchased A Student's Guide to International Financial Reporting Standards hoping that such could give me the knowledge to move forwards but that book proved totally unsuitable for this level of study.
On personal recommendation I purchased this book which is twice the price, three times the size, twenty times the content and I really could not be happier with my purchase.
Every standard is covered in depth with regular examples. The book is very readable, unlike some of the drier reference texts such as excellent but hard going PWC manual of accounting books (Manual of Accounting - IFRS 2010).
For the ACCA P2 paper I would actually put this book as an essential along with the Kaplan study text (P2 Corporate Reporting CR (INT/UK) - Complete Text (Acca)).
Good luck with your studies whichever books you purchase.
on 22 September 2012
First off if I'm honest I don't think I've actually looked at this book passed flicking through it when I bought it.
That's the sort of student of accounting I am.
But all the topics are covered in depth, with just lots and lots of extra contact I like the other reviewer would recommend this book over basically all others. I can't remember which standard I was looking at but using this in conjunction with some other books I was staggered by just how much detail is included.
So get it.
on 16 October 2012
I am doing P2 (Corporate Reporting) in December 2012. When I looked at IA19 , I found that the statement was outdated as the statement had been revised in 2011. This edition is the 2010.
I at least expected an updated addendum .
on 31 January 2015