Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 September 2008
As my wife will vouch, my time management skills are appalling! We have just had a few days overseas which has allowed me to read a good chunk of the book (wouldn't have had time otherwise!). And already I can see where I waste so much time, in particular doing jobs that can wait and are not important and in not doing jobs because I don't want too but would be far more productive.

I can't wait to start applying some of Clare's suggestions and reap the rewards of saved time and put them to better use in building my business.

Generally I am not an avid book reader but I have to say the book is easy to read as it is written in bite size chunks and is very easily digestible.

If you don't have enough time on your hands, read this book, you soon will have!

Tony Murrell
[...]
on 11 September 2008
This is quite possibly the best and most useful book on time management I have ever read.

As a typical stressed and hard working business owner, I am always looking for ways to become more productive, efficient and focused.

Within the first few pages of this book I picked up several nuggets of valuable knowledge and when I finished reading the book I felt in a strong position to put Clare's advice into action.

If you are a time management novice or you have read tons of books on time management already, buy a a copy of Time Management for Dummies and you will achieve a massive improvement in your ability to better manage your time.
on 23 July 2011
This book may be for dummies, but it contains all the information that you need to manage your time. If you feel that you need more then that would be fine, but this book is good as a starting point and I would recommend this to a lot of people. It tells you what you need in basic language and more importantly, gets you to think about what you are doing.
on 19 October 2009
This book has a few good ideas and is easy to read like the rest of the 'for Dummies' series. If you are a teacher or anyone else with virtually no options at work this book will not help you. You can't delegate, choose when you receive work, say no or block out your diary to deal with e-mails etc. If you have some control at work or home then the book gives some good basic advice that could save you a lot of time and heartache.
on 7 January 2012
I found this book to be extremely useful as I was one of the worst procrastinators. I particularly found the time log exercise, email filing approach and goals sections very helpful. The book is very easy to read and is well laid out to allow you to dip into at any time you need some focus.
I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone who recognises they could do with a little help with their time management.
on 7 November 2011
This book is a very big collection of advices about time management that cover all the aspects of our life and work. Lots of these advices are well known, expecially if you read other time management books. However, there are some unique advices that makes the book valuable. Personally I was looking for ways to find a better balance between life and work and I can definitely say that I found some solutions. It is important to say that the book not only contains advices about time management but also advices of various aspect of our lives like health, home, finance and so on. As the author say it is important not how many advices you can find in a book but how many of them becomes part of your habits. Sometimes, this book force you to think the answer about important questions. This process helps you to identify the weaknesses in how you organized your life and your time and I think it is a very good approach.

If you ask me:
Do you think that reading this book is a waste of time?

I certainly say:
Definitely not. You will recover the time "lost" very soon and with interests.

Thank you Clare for this brilliant book.
on 30 September 2008
I've been looking forward to this book for ages - I'm a HUGE fan of the Dummies books, and my time management skills are lower than the lowest of the low.

I read this book from cover to cover, although Clare stresses that you don't have to, and it didn't disappoint.

Some great advice and tips, and thankfully not just the usual tips you find elsewhere - I found this book truly helpful and it made me rethink a lot of the ideas I had around time management.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone wondering how to make an extra hour in their day - with the tips Clare has given, and a bit of common sense and motivation, I'm looking forward to an extra hour a day with my family!
on 14 July 2011
Since buying this book I've been able to immediately put into practice some simple techniques which have had a big impact on how my time is used. And that's what I love about the book that it's easy-to-read and you don't have to read the whole book (although you can) to start seeing changes because by just implementing a few of the techniques will see get results. I recommend you dip in and dip out of the book applying techniques as you go along. This is not a once-read book but a reference that you can use time and time again (no pun intended) and I challenge you not to see the benefits from what Clare teaches.

The price of the book is nothing compared to the difference it will make to your life. Stop wasting time reading this review and go and buy it already :-)
on 1 December 2008
I have been reading Clares book for the past few weeks , and as I have found a good idea ,I have adopted it and put it into practice .

The acid test is that the ideas you learn stick and you adopt new good habits .. and I have and I feel more in control.

The style of the book is refreshing , it is conversational as if you were actually attending one of Clare's teleclasses.
The key is that amongst all the common sense are some tips and tricks that actually work.

Where most books can spin out one idea to fill a chapter , or even a book , there are ideas which work on every page . My advice .. buy it now .. a copy is going to my friends and family at Christmas , for what is the best gift you can give .. exactly it is time .
on 30 October 2011
I listened to this book last weekend and in the last five working days, I managed to squeeze out 7 hours which I used for my part-time studying. In addition, the tasks I used to actually achieve on Saturday and Sunday combined, I have achieved them on Saturday and so have whole of Sunday at hand. I have been in touch with family more, and more happy. This book works like magic. I am thankful for the author for providing us with such a good book.