Customer reviews

on 26 March 1999
The book describes all the basic elements of transport demand modelling in a comprehensible way, including recent developments on the different subjects. It gives detailed references pointing to the original sources and to directions for further reading. We have used this book as a main reading material for our MSc level Transport Demand course; specially for Trip Generation and Modal Split models.
on 22 March 1999
The book is comprehensive and easy to read. It covers a wide variety of topics in transport planning with special emphasis in modelling. Each chapter comes with a set of excersises (very convenient for midterm exams!). The second version has included new material both in demand and network modelling. Summarising,the book's coverage and the clarity of presentation is outstanding
on 4 March 2009
Started using this book in its 1st edition while starting out my career as a transport professional in early 90s. Love it from day 1.

Since then, it has been a constant reference on my work shelf.
Proud to say I now have an autographed copy of the 3rd edition.
on 15 September 2016
I recently started as a graduate in transport planning and Inhave background in applied mathematics. I was really looking for a book that would give me a basic understanding as well as state-of-the-art advanced methods in transport modelling. I find this book very helpful and the way its written really helps someone from a different background to appreciate the beauty of modelling transport. I recently used Cube software for public transport crowd modelling and this book really is helpful in understanding the different modelling techniques used in the model. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a career in transport planning and I really appreciate the author's help for making my life much easier. Yes I definitely love modelling transport.
on 12 September 2016
i was under the impression that this book is a manual for Cube Software but now that I have it it doesn't look like this. i am very disappointed and angry with CUBE software providers as they have no other help manual that I could find. The software just links to this book.